Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me where I can see a photo of these?
Is the tw version a chip or a tuner?
I am used to either bully dog or a sct for a 6.0.
Both of those were internet capable.i would download the tune to my computer then down load to my device.
How does tw work and dp work? I hear all this about tw and dp but dont know if its a chip or a downloading device that changes the pcm?
thx

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts
Can someone tell me where I can see a photo of these?
Is the tw version a chip or a tuner?
I am used to either bully dog or a sct for a 6.0.
Both of those were internet capable.i would download the tune to my computer then down load to my device.
How does tw work and dp work? I hear all this about tw and dp but dont know if its a chip or a downloading device that changes the pcm?
thx
they are both chips... you have to physically pull out the PCM, clean the contacts and insert the chip....

but for the 7.3L there is nothing better than a custom tuned chip....

let me know if you have any other questions

-Raul

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think the TW can hold 6 tunes and its a TS chip that plugs into the back of the PCM and can be switched on the fly it had a dial switcher. Dp is the same thing but has a square switcher or a gauge switcher and you can get up to 16 tunes on the chip.

P.S. I have my DP for sale for 275 shiped with the square switcher and mount and can be reburned for any 7.3.

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Also, the new F6 DP Tuner is "internet capable" as in you can get the files over the internet and hook it up to your computer to download the tunes to it.
-Aaron

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Yeah that price seems blank. I may be wrong.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
right 199$ with no tunes. I thought the tunes had to be done to match my pcm's code or something? So if i buy one from someone and they have all the neccessary tunes that they wont work on my truck? each pcm has its own code. Every truck is not different but they made them with different codes. Getting it to match is not common

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
if its the same year and auto/manual is the same then it will work.

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
I was just saying one chip can work on more then just 1 truck. If everything is the same it will work.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well if you buy the chip square switcher and mount its like 270 or something then tax and stuff and if you send my chip back for a reburn its probly still going to be cheaper then buying a new chip from jody...

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
so if its 270 or so new, You are wanting 275 for yours? Then I ship it to them????? I certainly dont want to argue or be rude with or to anyone here. But how does that save me any money?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cool, If we had same year etc it would be sweat. Then i could use existing tunes.

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Melmount if you buy a chip that needs reburnt there is several people that reburn them and some do as low as 25 bucks a file.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yea I keep geting PMs that people are intrested and one keeps telling me to call him and he never pics up and no one replies and I also got a boy localy that wants it but wont have money for another week or two so it like wtf and this weekend is a tractor pull and they might have trucks pull and Id like to do that.

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
It depends on how many files. In the long run i'd say yes. What kind of chip was it again?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got a DP F-5with 5 tunes on it 40 tow 60 econ 80 tow and 100 performance. The 40 is not a bigg difference but glad I got it when I took my car to the car show cause 80 put a lil smoke out and I didnt want to have a soot car when I got there lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts