Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a tw chip fer a stock 95,well mild mods,but the truck performed flawless,super power in extreme setting,good pick up on street setting,...now ive added stage 1 injectors,17*hpop,and some other things,so i sent the chip back to tony fer a reburn,i get it back in the truck and sled pull doesnt shift right,i know it does not come outta 2nd gear,but right now it wont hardly come outta 1st,extreme tune used to be freakin mind blowin,now it acts the same as street setting, tony is speeding up with his returns but i think some one else burnt my chip.this chip dont even act like the one i had before man...the stock truck ran better!!!!! 500 bucks fer the chip,that sux man!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
Did ya make sur yer connecshun was good? Push all der way in?

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup,positive...i took it out twice.the chip isnt actin right,god i hate this,..it took long enuff to get the dang thing back,now i gotta send it back! i just emailed tony and told him to return the chip back to the way it was...it was better when it was burnt for a stock truck man!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
i wouldnt do that, i would just go from where you are now. the tunes i have for my stage 1's from tony are sick. i couldn't be happier with the power his tunes have over the swamps tunes i previously had. I would just tell him your problems and what you need tweaked, be specific and he will set you up with good tunes.

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats it man,i love his first tune,ive heard alot about tony and how good he was,thats why i got him.now it sux,AND IM NOT GOING TO RUN HIS TUNES IN MY TRUCK,IF ITS GOING TO BLOW MY TRANNY!!!, I DONT HAVE THE MONEY FOR A NEW ONE!!!!! i just spent the last of my hard earned dollars on a engine rebuild and ill be dammed if i let a chip burn a tranny up and let the truck sit there fer another month!!!!! yes i also heard he had a day job and some family probs,im sorry to hear that too.ive got some family probs to..im almost broke.and i cant afford for the truck to be down. i hate to say this,i really do,because his first chip he sent me was bad azz man,but im gonna have to see if i can get a refund from him, or if he can reburn the chip RIGHT,i dont know man,maybe sumthin went wrong with his software or sumthin,to early to tell i guess..heck any one would be pissed for waiting that long and then have it not work...i dont know man

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i know,i just gotta hot temper when it comes to my truck,hell we all do fer that matter,like i said man,his first chip he sent me were outta this freakin world! now my truck sux! economy setting runs like the street tune, the extreme setting runs like the street tune,high idle works right,sled pull will snatch a knot in your azz,BUT it waits till 4 million rpm to shift,extreme setting is whats really disapointing man,when my truck was stock,that setting would scare you,and it smoked like hell threw first gear but then cleared up,(which i like) now its as extreme and it puts out almost no smoke in first and no power...and what is there to tweak??? ive told him every thing i have on my truck.what could make it right??? i would rather him set the chip back the way it was..

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Are you really complaining about his sled pull tune not shifting well, or being hard on the tranny? Just think about it, its made to shift during a sled pull. Now i've never pulled, but if i was i'd want my truck to shift at a high RPM so when it hits the next gear the revs are up and your still in the powerband. And if you can't afford to fix the tranny, then why bother with the sled pull tune?

And also, don't complain that a chip is going to burn up your tranny, or that you don't have the money to fix it. Just think how much more power your putting through that thing, and how much abuse its taking. The stock E4OD hates a stock 7.3, just think how it will do with stage 1's, more oil, and tunes. IMO i wouldn't be surprised if your tranny burnt up within a month with that much power. If you can't afford to fix it, then just leave it in the least powerful tune possible. Not trying to be to harsh, just sensible. Just slow down, calm down, and think about it.

IMO, if you don't take it easier on your truck you will break something and have to pay for it. Wanting to put that much power through a stock tranny, or revving it to 4k RPM's will destroy that motor/tranny in no time. I think your asking way to much out of stock parts, and are trying to blame other people for possible damage.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
With GOOD custom tunes you really shouldn't have to worry about the tranny getting hot I mean that's the point of custom tunes right other wise we would all just run a edge lol.I will admit when I had Tony do my tunes on my 7.3 I was extremely dissapointed with all my tunes no better than my TS I had and was even more disappointed with the customer service I never could get hold of him to fix them and I ended up selling the truck but if I had to do it again my money would go to PHP. Hope it works out for ya bud.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
i know,i just gotta hot temper when it comes to my truck,hell we all do fer that matter,like i said man,his first chip he sent me were outta this freakin world! now my truck sux! economy setting runs like the street tune, the extreme setting runs like the street tune,high idle works right,sled pull will snatch a knot in your azz,BUT it waits till 4 million rpm to shift,extreme setting is whats really disapointing man,when my truck was stock,that setting would scare you,and it smoked like hell threw first gear but then cleared up,(which i like) now its as extreme and it puts out almost no smoke in first and no power...and what is there to tweak??? ive told him every thing i have on my truck.what could make it right??? i would rather him set the chip back the way it was..
here you go

say my tunes are high idle, economy, daily driver, heavytow, light extreme, balls to the wall tune.

Economy- has more power than most, no smoke and gets good fuel mileage with smother/quick shifts

Daily-little more than economy, puffs some smoke, but stays clean. About same shifting as economy

Heavy tow- great tune, firm shifts, low egts, good power,

Light extreme- good power, not to smokey, no touchey throttle

Balls to the wall extreme-touch the throttle and it will throw you back in the seat, smokes like a train and kind of cleans up once turbo lights, builds boost faster than hell, shifts are pretty good to for how agressive it is. Could be a little firmer.

Just tell him details of how you want each tune, if you say things need tweaked he will, that's why they are custom tunes.

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
here you go

say my tunes are high idle, economy, daily driver, heavytow, light extreme, balls to the wall tune.

Economy- has more power than most, no smoke and gets good fuel mileage with smother/quick shifts

Daily-little more than economy, puffs some smoke, but stays clean. About same shifting as economy

Heavy tow- great tune, firm shifts, low egts, good power,

Light extreme- good power, not to smokey, no touchey throttle

Balls to the wall extreme-touch the throttle and it will throw you back in the seat, smokes like a train and kind of cleans up once turbo lights, builds boost faster than hell, shifts are pretty good to for how agressive it is. Could be a little firmer.

Just tell him details of how you want each tune, if you say things need tweaked he will, that's why they are custom tunes.
my extreme setting was just like yours,touchy as hell,smokes like hell threw first and second,then cleans up.and that was on a stock truck.now i have stage 1 injectors and its not touchy anymore and it just doesnt have the power it should....i think somthin went wrong when he burnt the chip

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you really complaining about his sled pull tune not shifting well, or being hard on the tranny? Just think about it, its made to shift during a sled pull. Now i've never pulled, but if i was i'd want my truck to shift at a high RPM so when it hits the next gear the revs are up and your still in the powerband. And if you can't afford to fix the tranny, then why bother with the sled pull tune?

And also, don't complain that a chip is going to burn up your tranny, or that you don't have the money to fix it. Just think how much more power your putting through that thing, and how much abuse its taking. The stock E4OD hates a stock 7.3, just think how it will do with stage 1's, more oil, and tunes. IMO i wouldn't be surprised if your tranny burnt up within a month with that much power. If you can't afford to fix it, then just leave it in the least powerful tune possible. Not trying to be to harsh, just sensible. Just slow down, calm down, and think about it.

IMO, if you don't take it easier on your truck you will break something and have to pay for it. Wanting to put that much power through a stock tranny, or revving it to 4k RPM's will destroy that motor/tranny in no time. I think your asking way to much out of stock parts, and are trying to blame other people for possible damage.
YES!!!! IM REALLY COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW IT SHIFTS IN SLED PULL SETTING!!, I KNOW MY TRUCK,inside and out,front to back,i know how tony's tunes make my truck act(stock of course). ive upgraded to stage one injectors and a 17 hpop,now,it should be a lil better than stock with those kinda upgrades,should it not???? and as far as being hard on the stock parts,there is no way im puttin that much on them.i really havent done any thing drastic as far as mods go. i dont have a blow urr freakin brains out turbo,I dont have a 40 disc TC,nor a bts,fire rings,fordged rods,alloy pusher's, none of that. i have a chip,stage1 injectors,gutted pedistal,fpr....i mean,nothin major.i am adding power,but not 1000 hp's, i dont go hard on my truck,by no means.and the only reason i even got the sled pull is because i wanted to get rid of the smoke tune.i understand how a sled pull works also.no need to explain how the rpm spectrum should be through out the pull...:doh:and as far as me BLAMING OTHER PEOPLE....negitive,as soon as i sensed somthin wrong with the chip(not the truck) i took it out.so no,there will be no blame game here.... i waited and waited for the famous TW tunes,and WOW!!!! what a diffrence with the first chip....the second tune??? waited and waited,and what do i get?? a 500 dollar chip that dont work right....would you be mad??? maybe? maybe not, I AM. and i payed shipping... so all i want(and pls try to understand) is my chip working. I PAYED 500$ FOR IT TO DO SO....that is alotta money were i come from...SORRY if im ranting,rant over....sorry dude..

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
any body got idea's????? im trying to get in touch with tony to tell him what to tweak and what i need done....nothing.ive emailed him to no avail...what gives man??? i wonder if i can get a refund,if i can,(and i hate to say this) i wanna refund..im going with php man....dangit!!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
What the hell are you doin pulling sleds if you're that worried about the transmission burning up?
And if you're not pulling sleds, then how do you know the thing ain't pullin how it should?
But if you're not pullin, then what the hell is the point of having the sled pull tune?
You don't use it, nor do you need it, so why worry about it?
You say it's there to get rid of the smoke tune... well bud, there are other options you could replaced it with, or just had a custom one made.
Tony's a good guy and does good work. Tell him your problems, in a non-erratic way, and ask him nicely if he'd be willing to look at it if you send it back to him. He'll say yes because you're a customer, and then if there is something wrong with it, he'll fix it. If there's not something wrong with the chip, then process of elimination, it must be something with your truck, right?
FYI, a chip that's been tuned for a stock engine won't work right on a modified engine and vice versa. That's the point of custom tuning... its CUSTOM. So having it returned to a stock tune will do you no good.

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What the hell are you doin pulling sleds if you're that worried about the transmission burning up?
And if you're not pulling sleds, then how do you know the thing ain't pullin how it should?
But if you're not pullin, then what the hell is the point of having the sled pull tune?
You say it's there to get rid of the smoke tune... well bud, there are other options you could replaced it with, or just had a custom one made.
Tony's a good guy and does good work. Tell him your problems, in a non-erratic way, and ask him nicely if he'd be willing to look at it if you send it back to him. He'll say yes because you're a customer, and then if there is something wrong with it, he'll fix it. If there's not something wrong with the chip, then process of elimination, it must be something with your truck, right?
FYI, a chip that's been tuned for a stock engine won't work right on a modified engine and vice versa. That's the point of custom tuning... its CUSTOM. So having it returned to a stock tune will do you no good.
what do you need a smoke tune for???? what do you need a lope tune for????? what do you need a CHIP for????? FOR FUN MOSTLY MAN. if i wanna sled pull tune then ill get one!! and who said i dont sled pull??? did i say i didnt pull the sled??? NO. IN FACT I DONT. it prefrence, i do truck pulls. and i wanted that tune.LISTEN TO WHAT IM SAYING, when my truck was stock,with a stock tuned chip,it ran great.i pulled the motor and rebuilt it,injectors and all...upgraded...i got it running.and i tried the chip on there..it ran like a champ.and if the chip is tuned to stage one and a upgraded hpop, and a few other things, you would think that a chip thats tuned to the upgrades would run better...IT DOES NOT... DO YOU SEE WERE IM COMING FROM... you are not talkin to a rookie,i do this for a living.

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you have to wait fer ever on tony,and when you get it and it dont work right,would you not be a little upset????

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Who gives a crap about what tunes he got. The point is its not working for him and I would be upset to I know how hard he is to get ahold of

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Who gives a crap about what tunes he got. The point is its not working for him and I would be upset to I know how hard he is to get ahold of
THANK GOD!!!!!!! SOMBODY AGREE'S WITH ME ON THIS ISSUE!!!! you first pay top dollar for a chip(500$) and wait and wait and wait!!!!!! and people tell you its worth the wait man! WEELL, IT IS WORTH THE WAIT. BUT!!!!!! NOT WHEN IT DONT WORK CORRECTLY!. ive been dealing with this chip for three months!!! i want it to work!!! thats all!!! look,im not lookin for a free tranny,motor or truck, i just wanna chip that works!!! thats it

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
First things first. Harley calm the hell down.

By your posts you can tell you are really new at this and the custom tuning game:doh:

Tony will fix it and get the tunes to your liking.

First you need to calm down and talk like a rational human being.

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
First things first. Harley calm the hell down.

By your posts you can tell you are really new at this and the custom tuning game:doh:

Tony will fix it and get the tunes to your liking.

First you need to calm down and talk like a rational human being.
right,sorry dude. just majorly ticked at waiting and waiting.. and as far as getting in touch with em....not happening man.. tony cannot be reached. neither him nor randell(his help) are answering phone or emails. and if he does answer them, there are only three or four words in the email,and its the same thing he always says.. i dont know man.... ive poured heart and soul and a ton of money in my truck,im very discouraged at this.and yes dave you are right about me being new to the chip scene.ive always ran a 1705.as far as the diesel motor though....thats another story.with out a doubt i can take my motor to peices and put err back together.im just saying, i know my truck,and i know there is a prob with this chip.sorry bout the rants yall, i just payed 500$ plus ship it back,plus wait 4 years for it... just a lil mad is all.. so dave, what am i to do about this???? i cant get in touch with tony.i dont send nasty emails nor do i leave nasty messages.im not that way. so what do i do

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Call this number. 817-932-5078 Leave a message if no one answers.

Remember also. Tuning is not Tony's full time job. He has a regular job as well that takes him out of town for work quite a bit

1 - 20 of 27 Posts