Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,352 Posts
I have just the 18k mod and I was told that a chip is pointless untill I get larger injectors. I was also told that the 18k mod will add more power stacked with a chip as soon as I get the injectors.
the 18k mode can in no way compete with the TW chip.... get the TW chip and you will be very satisfied with it... later one when you do upgarde injectors you can send us the chip back and we will reburn it for free for your new mods

-Raul

·
Premium Member
20,352 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,352 Posts
Why would you take out the 18k mod if it is stackable with a chip?
their is no point in stacking anything on a PSD.... i have dynoed my truck with various methods and i only saw a few hp diff.... with custom tunning their is no need for stacking... the tunes are already made to perform very well with your truck.... if you want more HP then its time to start looking at bigger upgrades....

·
Premium Member
20,352 Posts
Per the instructions I installed the probe about 6" after the turbo on the down pipe. Boost level at about 25. The trailer weighs about 15,000 lbs. It is being pulled up in the mountains. Elevation around 8000 ft. d.y.i. intake sounds like a great idea. Where do I find an intercooler for my truck? I already have A TW chip, and That is what caused it to over heat. I pulled the same trailer up the same mountin two weaks ago without the TW chip and had no problems, or over heating. By the way thanks for all of your advice, and input.
i agree with big... you need to move that probe... your egt's are at least 200 degrees above what your gauges are saying right now..... i highly doubt its the TW chip fault for the reason it burned.... if you would of had any other programmer or chip it would do the same... you need to keep an eye on your EGT's... if it hits 1300 for more than a few seconds you need to get off the throttle....

what egt's are you at without the chip? move the probe and monitor your egt's without the chip in.. if they are still in the 1200 range then you got something else wrong....

-Raul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.