Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will running a wildman chip and a 18k mod serve any purpose or am i just wasting my time with both, ive seen where some people have the 18k and a ts chip. any thoughts, thanx

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
eh i think you can use them both but with our stock injectors and fuel system, it wont do a whole lot more. you NEED INJECTORS!!!!!!! i know i aint got em either but its one of the most crucial steps. you can do the rosewood diy injectors for what $300??? and they go from 90cc to 160cc!!!!!!

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Get the tw chip and you won't need the 18k mod. Also get gauges as well. Also in my opinion the 18k mod is not worth doing same for the 10k mod. Spend the money and get the custom tunes from TW.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have just the 18k mod and I was told that a chip is pointless untill I get larger injectors. I was also told that the 18k mod will add more power stacked with a chip as soon as I get the injectors.

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts
I have just the 18k mod and I was told that a chip is pointless untill I get larger injectors. I was also told that the 18k mod will add more power stacked with a chip as soon as I get the injectors.
the 18k mode can in no way compete with the TW chip.... get the TW chip and you will be very satisfied with it... later one when you do upgarde injectors you can send us the chip back and we will reburn it for free for your new mods

-Raul

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
the 18k mode can in no way compete with the TW chip.... get the TW chip and you will be very satisfied with it... later one when you do upgarde injectors you can send us the chip back and we will reburn it for free for your new mods

-Raul
I aggree, get the chip, loose the 18k mod and be happy. Trust me I hear more and more people loosing the 18k mod and getting chips everyday. Especially once they ride in a truck that is equipped with a custom tune chip.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I Purchased the TW chip, but I overheated my exhaust pulling a 30 ft fifth wheel. I used the heavier tow setting. I have a 1996 OBS F350 7.3, and 3" DP and 4" exhaust. Also K&N factory style filter. What is next for my truck? One Mod seems to lead to another. I'm thinking intercooler, but is there a easier way, or do I need to send My TW chip back to get it checked out?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Sell him a real intake Raul!

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Why would you take out the 18k mod if it is stackable with a chip?

·
Registered
12 Posts
So do you think a new intake would lower my exhaust temps?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Egt 1300-1500

·
Registered
254 Posts
it would let more air in so yes it would help.

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts
Why would you take out the 18k mod if it is stackable with a chip?
their is no point in stacking anything on a PSD.... i have dynoed my truck with various methods and i only saw a few hp diff.... with custom tunning their is no need for stacking... the tunes are already made to perform very well with your truck.... if you want more HP then its time to start looking at bigger upgrades....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
eh i think you can use them both but with our stock injectors and fuel system, it wont do a whole lot more. you NEED INJECTORS!!!!!!! i know i aint got em either but its one of the most crucial steps. you can do the rosewood diy injectors for what $300??? and they go from 90cc to 160cc!!!!!!

wish i could get injectors for $300

·
Registered
153 Posts
With 1500 egt larger injectors are the last thing that he needs. Where is the egt probe mounted at? What boost levels at that egt? What does the trailer weight? Is this up a mountain? High elevations? I would definetly recomend a intercooler and a tw chip. Trash the k&n and do the dyi intake. It is very efficent and cost effective. Do a search for d.y.i. intake.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Per the instructions I installed the probe about 6" after the turbo on the down pipe. Boost level at about 25. The trailer weighs about 15,000 lbs. It is being pulled up in the mountains. Elevation around 8000 ft. d.y.i. intake sounds like a great idea. Where do I find an intercooler for my truck? I already have A TW chip, and That is what caused it to over heat. I pulled the same trailer up the same mountin two weaks ago without the TW chip and had no problems, or over heating. By the way thanks for all of your advice, and input.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts