Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so here I am finally buying a chip in a month or so. I was going to buy a edge evo but decided on Tony wildman. so I can only think of 5 postions I want but what are most of you running and would it be good to do the idm mod first. and 3rd how long is the cord that runs from the CPU to the switch I am trying to see if I can make it reach to the spot next to my wait to start I have a blank area next to it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so you still have your stock setting or is it if you take the chip out of yours it is stock

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Not to hijack, but does Tony offer a no start position? Also, does he still offer the free reburns, and is that offer good if you buy the chip say through you Raul?

Rantheman, I was thinking No start (if offered), Stock, Economy, Heavy Tow, Street Race, and Extreme. However, I don't know if that is a good setup or not seeing as I don't have one yet either.

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts
Not to hijack, but does Tony offer a no start position? Also, does he still offer the free reburns, and is that offer good if you buy the chip say through you Raul?

Rantheman, I was thinking No start (if offered), Stock, Economy, Heavy Tow, Street Race, and Extreme. However, I don't know if that is a good setup or not seeing as I don't have one yet either.
nope i didnt waste a position on stock... if i want stock ill just pull out the chip.

and yes the free ruburns also count if you get it through me.

im not sure if he makes a no start but i can ask him

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I have 4 pos. High idle, ecno, 80 tow, extream. No need for stock I didn't like the way in ran in stock form. My switch is mounted on the left side of the column, I think it would reach the other side.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so here is what I am thinking

Econ,light tow,heavy tow,street,extreme,high idle

I do want high idle and tow and extreme and econ deffinetly but if there are better one let me know. and is heavy tow for hauling heavy as light tow is for light duty towing

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
With stock inj all you need is daily, tow and extreme..if you have a IC you can tow in extreme and never get over 1200* best mileage will also be in ex..if you are on the freeway and maintaining a set mph.

Your inj don't flow enough to make a huge difference.
The chip is able to have 6 settings..I would get just what your inj can use and then down the road if you want to upgrade to 1's or 2's reburn for them.

Cary

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
what is the purpose of the hi idle option?
Faster warm ups in the winter, keep the cab cooler in the summer with the AC on. Also prevents wet stacking if idling for long periods of time.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Wet stacking is a problem that we should not have with these trucks. If what I understand is correct (if it isn't I know someone will correct me) wet stacking is where unburned fuel will collect in the exaust because of the stacks and can act as a major restriction. By raising the idle the amount of air and velocity are increased and blow the excess out.

·
Registered
610 Posts
could you run an extreme tune daily on the 94-97 obs trucks? Its stock except for intake and exhaust...and I will get gauges with the chip

·
Registered
226 Posts
How hard are tw chips to install?

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
Wet stacking is a problem that we should not have with these trucks. If what I understand is correct (if it isn't I know someone will correct me) wet stacking is where unburned fuel will collect in the exaust because of the stacks and can act as a major restriction. By raising the idle the amount of air and velocity are increased and blow the excess out.
Wet stacking is when the cylinder heat is not high enough to burn all the fuel at idle and the fuel begins to "stack" up in the cylinder, hi idle will help keep the heat in the cylinder, and prevent that, not that there is really much of a worry with these motors, its more of a conviencence to keep the heater hot in the winter and the a/c cold in the summer.

could you run an extreme tune daily on the 94-97 obs trucks? Its stock except for intake and exhaust...and I will get gauges with the chip
Yes you can run it if you don't mind the touchiness of the throttle.

How hard are tw chips to install?
Not to hard at all, just take your time cleaning the pcm and make sure the key is not in the ignition whenever you do anything with the chip, and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
523 Posts
thank you TW, for correcting my error.:noteworthy:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Dang that's cool!! I'll run the extreme all day when I get it then!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts