Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alrighty guys, i gotta 2000 f250 and i bought a chip from tony around december and i put it on but then sent it back in january cuz he said there was a bad batch of chips that were made, but anyway i got it back in march and i use to have 4 tunes and now i have six and i dont know what they are. but one of the tunes, i guess the extreme, makes my truck shake and idle like it has a dam cam in it. the tune makes the truck wicked fast and throw alot of smoke, but the truck rattles and i dunno, it just scares me. i just wanted to know if anyone knew anything about this. o yea and also another question, does anyone know if there should be oil in your intercooler pipes that run into the turbo? i got like small puddles of it. please help me out. thanks guys!!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Sounds like the smoke tune... thats how mine is.

Extreme will do that, but the idle will clear up pretty quick.

·
Registered
771 Posts
And the oil.... you will get that unless you do the CCV mod, which reroutes your crank case vents somewhere other than through the intake.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well it does it constantly and the exhaust gets really loud, not complainin or nothing about that, and it just doesnt sound right. when i get on it, it runs great but as soon it comes back to idlin, it starts up again. i dunno if i should send it back to tony or just deal with it. is the smoke tune supossed to make it a huge gain in performance? cuz i have another tune that doesnt idle as rough but is about the same in performance. thanks for your reply

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i have been wantin to do that mod, i just have not done it. do you know a where i can find a "how to do" forum or somethin. i just didnt know if that was normal on the 7.3's

·
Registered
771 Posts

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
I would call tony, it should not idle like that. The extreme tune I ran from Tony, it idled fine.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I would call tony, it should not idle like that. The extreme tune I ran from Tony, it idled fine.
My smoke and extreme tunes are different from each other.....

My old truck and cant keep up with the extreme and takes a minute to clear up the idle in EXTREME

In SMOKE it always has the lope idle deliberately.

So it sounds like the smoke tune that he is explaining....

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
The smoke tune I ran was the same as the extreme tune but the smoke had a lot more tip in(that amount of fuel dumped in at the beginning of the throttle movement). I thought the smoke tune was quicker since it would spool the turbo faster.

www.totaldieselperformance.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts