Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be ordering a TW chip monday. I am going to get eco. daily, tow, heavy tow, smoke, street race. My question is when you want to change postion of the chip does the engine need to be off or just at idle or can you be moving? Thanks for the info!!!
Mike

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
Its shift on the fly per say:thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet thanks!!!! I cant wait to get it!
Mike :woot:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
yup, just make sure your not in the gas at all when you switch, let off and switch and take off from there. Dont switch under load at any time is what the instructions said with my DP, im assuming its the same with a TW:thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks again!! how much smoke does the smoke setting make?? I want to see a fog bank out of my exhaust.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
if its anything like the other custom tuners smoke tune your gonna have plenty of smoke. I have made cars dissapear before, they litterally sat there for awhile waiting for the smoke to clear. it was hilarious

·
Registered
183 Posts
there might be a little wait involved, tony is a busy man and ive been waiting for mine to show up. i guess thats the downside of having the best chip on the market, everyone else wants it too, but from what i hear its well worth the wait.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the wait is fine with me. I think it would be worth it!!!!
Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts