Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just gopt my Wildman Chip, and it made my tranny shift really hard, no slipping felt though, is this normal for these chips?
Oh btw the power is insane, i saw -25-26psi of boost with a stock air filter setup, puttin the DIY on tomorrow, we'll see how it does then, also learned that at 25psi, you need totighten the crap outta the intercooler boots or they'll blow off.

·
Doesn't Even Care
18,044 Posts
Yeah, I love mine. :thumb:Its freakin awesome! Did you get the street tune? does it make your truck shake at idle like it has a huge cam in it? Also, do you have a very touchy throttle on the street tune? I dont mind the touchy throttle, My wife doesnt like the shaking of the truck at a stop light.

did you get the extreme tune? if so, which is faster you think, street or extreme?

BTW, I see 28-30 at WOT in my street and extrme tunes. :woot:

·
Doesn't Even Care
18,044 Posts
Hey Raul, can you answer my questions above with your experiences with your TW chip? Thanks!!! Sorry to hi jack tho bud!!! but it is a BUMP!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Raul whats the turnaround time if i send it back to tony?

I think the extreme tune is the fastest from what i felt last nite, I dont know the boost level yet i hit 26psi last nite befor it blew the intercooler tube off, i fixed it but im gonna tighten them up later today just to make sure, id love to see 30 psi.

Mine doesnt shake at idle any, in any setting, idles pretty smooth

I got Stock, Economy, light tow, street, extreme and SMOKE!! and btw the smoke tune is the [email protected]#. Its wicked.

I cant believe the difference between the Wildman Chip and my Diablosport programmer, the diablosport sucked compared to the wildman chip. Thanks Tony and Raul

·
Premium Member
20,359 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,359 Posts
Yeah, I love mine. :thumb:Its freakin awesome! Did you get the street tune? does it make your truck shake at idle like it has a huge cam in it? Also, do you have a very touchy throttle on the street tune? I dont mind the touchy throttle, My wife doesnt like the shaking of the truck at a stop light.

did you get the extreme tune? if so, which is faster you think, street or extreme?

BTW, I see 28-30 at WOT in my street and extrme tunes. :woot:
make sure your contacts are clean and that the chip makes good connection with it... the shuttering could be because of that..... it shouldn't be idling like that so if that doesn't take care of it your more than likely gonna have to ship it back so that we can take a look at the programs and fix it......

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
193 Posts
shaking at the light ...taking off, idling or pulling up to?
hope it is not ,my TC is shot shaking.., or not realeasing pulling upto.(it should stall though)
or isit ..just general idle issues.

does tony use a lope idle

·
Doesn't Even Care
18,044 Posts
No, it actually only shakes when I put it in the Street tune. If I am in any other tune, it doesnt shake at all.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Thread Hijack. What is the difference between the two tunes daily driver and economy?

·
Addicted to Diesel
721 Posts
Thread Hijack. What is the difference between the two tunes daily driver and economy?
i was just looking into this and the daily driver has a little more power and different shift point to help driving around town with stop and go. Back me up on this anyone who might know better or set me straight.

I got a questions too though, who actually uses the stock tune? or has anyone just not left that one on, cause i am pretty sure i would never use it after getting this chip so i was thinking of not having that setting.

·
Doesn't Even Care
18,044 Posts
I dont mind the driving of the street tune, I just hate stopping. If I have it in the extreme tune and then flip it back to the street tune, it doesnt shake as bad, but still shakes when your trying to come to a stop and at idle. I love the throttle response though, my extreme tune doesnt have the same response.
I still have my stock tune, but I only use it when I am having problems with my truck. I had a bad oil pump and used it to keep the pressure needs on the low side. its always good to have it there in case someone has to drive your truck, and you dont want them to have extra power. Ya know? I know alot of people may not drive the truck other than you, but its nice to always have it there.

·
Addicted to Diesel
721 Posts
I dont mind the driving of the street tune, I just hate stopping. If I have it in the extreme tune and then flip it back to the street tune, it doesnt shake as bad, but still shakes when your trying to come to a stop and at idle. I love the throttle response though, my extreme tune doesnt have the same response.
I still have my stock tune, but I only use it when I am having problems with my truck. I had a bad oil pump and used it to keep the pressure needs on the low side. its always good to have it there in case someone has to drive your truck, and you dont want them to have extra power. Ya know? I know alot of people may not drive the truck other than you, but its nice to always have it there.
couldn't you just pull the chip?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts