Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im ordering the TW chip for my 7.3 CC FX4. So far the truck only has intake and 5inch exhaust.....gauges and chip are coming now, but I need to figure out what settings I want. The truck is not really used for pulling much, just a daily driver.....

so far I have

stock
economy
tow
I need to choose between smoke, high idle, exteme, and street.....any help guys? I want the extreme, but I dont know how much smoke comes from that one compared to the actual smoke setting....

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
:agrees: my smoke setting is almost just smoky as extreme, but no where near as fast

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Yeah just do the extreme. Smoke tune for me does smoke a little more when you bog the motor down, but its almost pointless.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
i love my street tune i use it the most, i had economy but i replaced it when i got my reburn its very sluggish, it actually feels less than stock. My street smokes alot and i prefer it. I replaced the economy with daily and its a little better but is sluggish on low end.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I have a TW chip on my 02' 7.3. My settings are as follows;

high idle: definitly get this
Stock: sucks, soft off idel and shifts funny
Street Race: Fun but not driveable on a regular basis. Also pills hard for light to light but for a 1/4 mile extreme is better
Heavy Tow: My daily driver and favorite setting
Extreme: Good all around. Drivable if you are easy off the line with the pedal.
Smoke: A must, good to show off, not drivable. It is jumpy off the line just like streeet race.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts