Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Govy Magnet
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Fellas! I just saw on UPS that my TW chip came to my house! I am really excited now I really have to come home! I know its kind of a useless thread, wont be home for a little while longer, but I had to share my excitement, all the rest of my friends on my FOB are either chevy people, or not into Diesel...I can't wait! :icon_ford: Any tips on the install whenever I do finally get home? I am a bit nervous I read over the install on TDP's website, and am a bit nervous about scraping off too much, or too little goo on the ECU. Anyone near Gastonia NC done an install like this before? Oh yeah...6 position
1. Econ
2. Daily
3. Heavy Tow
4. Street
5. Extreeme
6. High Idle

~Phil

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Semper Fi
135 Posts
How long did you have to wait to get it? So far I've been waiting four weeks.

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts
How long did you have to wait to get it? So far I've been waiting four weeks.
It took quite a while. Don't remember exactly now. Depends on how busy Tony is when you place the order. I'm sure if you call him he can tell you. Good luck! The chip is awesome!

I wish I could tell you more about the install, but I didn't do it. I have learned that you can cut a hole in your computer box and then the chip can be taken out and put back in VERY easily after this initial installation. I plan to get some help and do this one day.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Semper Fi
135 Posts
Not too worried about install, I'm comfortable installing it, just waiting for mine to show up.

·
Registered
245 Posts
its easy....3 bolts....computer is out, take cover off pcm and few other screws that hold the board down get a brillo (sp) pad and just take it easy. just get all the gew off and your set. put it back together and your good to go.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
dont be worried. Its not that big a deal, just time consuming on the cleaning of the computer.

·
Govy Magnet
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the replys guys! Mr. Hank I am in Gastonia NC, south of Charlotte right on the SC border. Thats my Home of Record...I am stationed in California, but my F250 is in NC, and when I go home on postdep leave I would like to install the chip, and my HID kit (thanks Raul/Stealth). Anyway If there are any CPA memebers near that area, that are willing to help for beer? Probably should post that in CPA thread. Anyway thanks again fellas! I can't wait to install this! :icon_ford:

~Phil

1 - 12 of 12 Posts