Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday morning when I started my truck it started just fine, then when I went to back out it went a couple feet and died and wouldn't restart. It turns over just fine, but won't fire.

Here's what I know so far:
2001 F250 with 7.3 Powerstroke
I changed the Cam sensor to no effect
I've checked every fuse in the truck and found none blown
When I turn the truck over the starter gets it up to 170 RPM
Changed the fuel filter to no effect
When I drain the fuel bowl it fills right back up with the key on
Unplugged the oil pressure sensor and tried to start the truck to no effect
When I turn the truck over for an extended amount of time the "Low Fuel" light flashes
I have not check the batteries, but the voltage on them reads around 10.1 at this point (it was over 12 when the issue started)

That's all I can think of so far. I'm guessing my problem is electrical, but I'm having trouble pinning it down. Anybody have any suggestions for other things to check?

Thanks,
Jake

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ignition switch? Where you insert the key is just a cylinder. When you turn it, it pushes a rod down the column to the actual ignition switch. It is a white box on the column. 2 screws and one plug. about 15.oo for a new one.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Try to unplug the ICP. If it starts with the ICP out, you need a new one.

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
He said he already unplugged the ICP. I would say your batteries are shot. 10.1 volt is way to low. The truck has to seen , either 200 or 250 rpm to kick it over. I would replace the batteries are report back.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Funny, mine never registers rpms when cranking. In a start or no start situation

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Injection Control Pressure (sensor) not sure where, is it the one on the top by the hpop and drive side? or is that the IPR?

·
Registered
800 Posts
You will have to charge the batteries to go farther in your trouble shooting

1 - 8 of 8 Posts