Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 97 powerstroke i was turning and it died i changed the csps and nothing changed the filter housing is full but when i try to crank it i pushed the valve to see if there was any fuel pressure (i dont have a guage) and it was very little (not sure what the pressure should be) i had a friend hook up a computer to run a buzz test it said it past but he said we should have heard it testing each one (didnt hear anything)not sure what to do

·
COLLEGE KID
3,224 Posts
check the starting system, clean battery terminals test batteries and alternator check starter cable and see if u not getting a good connection somewhere. I had a similar problem and it was a battery and alternator problem. although it could be alot of things i guess but thats what my problem was... (it was the starter cable underneath the truck)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
check the starting system, clean battery terminals test batteries and alternator check starter cable and see if u not getting a good connection somewhere. I had a similar problem and it was a battery and alternator problem. although it could be alot of things i guess but thats what my problem was... (it was the starter cable underneath the truck)
i put some gasoline on a rag and it would run for a little bit but not good

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
No no no, hate to step on toes, but never never use starting fluid or anything else in your intake. Don’t chance blowing a motor when you can trouble shoot the real problem and fix it relatively cheaply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.