Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if it's possible to turn off the auto door locking 'feature' when putting it in gear on an '05 Excursion? It is driving me nuts. If I want the doors locked, _I_ will lock them, thank you very much. Don't think for me truck, I'm perfectly capable... Would some type of tuner I could purchase do this, or would I have to take it to the dealer to get it disabled? Thanks!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Is that a Ford thing, or a car alarm thing? I'd like to know myself. That darn thing drives me nuts too. I have an aftermarket alarm system, do you?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I hope this works for you.

Autolock Enable/disable-using the ignition switch.

1. close all doors
2. confirm key is in the off position
NOTE: Steps 3 through eight must be carried out within 30 seconds.

3. Turn the key from OFF to RUN.

4. Press UNLOCK 3 times.

5. Turn the key from RUN to OFF.

6. Press UNLOCK 3 times

7. Turn the key from OFF to RUN. The enable/disable mode is now ready to accept program changes.

8. Press UNLOCK once to command the vehicle security module to toggle the autolock/relock feature OFF. (Auto lock is now off)

9. Press LOCK once to enter the command. (this would turn it on)

10. Verify that the horn chirps one time. There should only be one chirp indicating that the autolock/relock feature has been disabled.

11. Turn the key to the OFF position to exit the enable/disable mode.

AUTOLOCK ENABLE/DISABLE - USING THE HARDWIRED KEYLESS ENTRY KEYPAD:

A manual enable/disable mode allows the autolock feature to be turned off and on.

1. Enter the 5-digit permanent entry code into the keyless entry keypad.

2. Within 5 seconds of entering the code, press and hold the 7/8 button on the keypad.

3. Within 5 seconds of Step 2, and while holding the 7/8 button, press the 3/4 button on the keypad and release it.

4. Within 5 seconds of Step 3, release the 7/8 button on the keypad.

If the autolock feature is disabled, the horn will chirp once. If the autolock feature is enabled, the horn will chirp once shortly and then sound a second time for a longer sound of the horn once the above sequence is completed.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Responded. Thanks!! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice, I will give it a shot tomorrow after work. Is there any other neat tricks like this that a person has access to that he might not be aware of? ;)
amdriven2liv, nope, just what it came with from Ford. I'll let you know if this works tomorrow night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts