Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my turbo rebuilt and i wanted to turn the boost up a little and i noticed that the sleve on the rod is crimped on do u guys know of anyways to turn it the crimp is on two sides of the sleve and if you guys do know how many turns can i or should i go thanks

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
With the superchips it probably won’t make any difference if you tighten the rod, the SCMT I had wouldn’t build enough boost to get close to making the wastegate vent.

Also form what I have been finding out lately, psi does not = power, my old turbo would hold 32 psi easy, my new turbo has trouble reaching 28 psi but it definitely has lots more power.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
With the superchips it probably won’t make any difference if you tighten the rod, the SCMT I had wouldn’t build enough boost to get close to making the wastegate vent.

Also form what I have been finding out lately, psi does not = power, my old turbo would hold 32 psi easy, my new turbo has trouble reaching 28 psi but it definitely has lots more power.
at least from the subaru world (i know more about that) cfm (aka volume of air) + fuel makes power. PSI only makes the incoming charge hotter and puts more stress on the engine parts (rods, valves, heads and on)

I have seen people with 17 PSI on a rex making more power then people pushing 25 to 30 on a rex. I would assume its the same on diesels too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts