Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im in the process of making my under cab lights blink off when my blinkers come on. during testing it worked and looked purity good. they're blinking fast in the video because i have the front bulb out. during the test i noticed that my cab lights are also blinking. i think i will be able to fix that with a diode in the right spot. what do you think?? is it worth my wild to try and fix the blinking clearance lights.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thats the best i could do with the video...i dont know how to thumbnail it

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so i got it to work the way i want it to....

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
dang, thats awesome! i hate wiring stuff..there's no way i would've been able to figure that out. great idea! where did you get the under carriage lights and how much did they run? those look awesome! and also, i recently installed cab lights on my truck, but i'm having trouble with them staying on because i cant really get a good ground for them. any suggestions on where to put the ground?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
ive always put model 19's from truck lite under my cab on other trucks. They fit real nice on the pinch seam. As for a ground on your cab lights, are you using the stock ford harness or are you wiring them in with out the harness?

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
ive always put model 19's from truck lite under my cab on other trucks. They fit real nice on the pinch seam. As for a ground on your cab lights, are you using the stock ford harness or are you wiring them in with out the harness?
thanks, do you remember about how much they run? and i bought the recon cab light kit. the ground wire that came with it was really short, so pretty much the only place we could get it to reach was putting it on one of the screws that secures the passenger side visor. so it is secured to the underside of the top of the cab. it worked great for a while, but i constantly have to keep tightening the screw and now they just wont stay on. any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
They run around $7 a piece for the LED versions and bases, and $4 or so for the normal ones

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Looks good !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts