Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey got an 06 turbo $300 also can get 2 03 turbos $400 each

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
90000 trouble free km , the only reason i took it off was to change it for my new to me 03 turbo . i took it apart and cleaned it union ring is in great shape also all the vains are in great shape . i was seeing 28 psi wot ...looking for 300 firm .

·
Registered
112 Posts
Will get back to you soon, Booking my truck in for a full diag, My guess is the turbo, but want to know for sure. B-4 I start throwing parts at this thing randomly again.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya no problem ...not in a big rush to get rid of it ...if u want it it will be here just let me no ...whats going on with the truck ? symptoms?

·
Registered
112 Posts
It's def not the turbo, cycles and builds boost, but too much. Goes through fuel, but no smoke, bucking, takes full throttle just to get to highway speed. ECT and EOT within 4 degrees or even, 197 on stock 210 with the SRL++, Waiting for my fuel pressure gauge, but I replaced the fuel pump and did the blue spring upgrade with cover, so pressure should be good. FICM sync is good and voltage out is 48.0 to 48.5 at all times, Oil rail pressure over 750 in gear idle, 3800 to 4000 WOT at 110k

I'm thinking I'm going to have to replace the O-rings on the rest of the injectors,
Going to call the Stealership and see what it will cost for a diagnostic. if it's near $300 I'll order the AE Ford kit for $359.00
Andy

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry to hear about the trouble your having ...seems like you checked all the common causes . it might be worth it to get the ae kit any way for the furture ...lol rent it out to pay for it self ...i hope u find out what it is .sometimes ford is a ****ty place to take it hope you have good techs at the dealership ....mabey the vaines are sticking in the turbo????

·
Registered
112 Posts
That's what I was thinking also, but with the stock tune I can hear the turbo wind up and down, go into the deep throat rumble then back to high pitch.
Plus would not explain the bucking, It's like a ujoint is seized but that's not the problem.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Got all new injector o-ring kits today, strip it down over the week end and git r done. 6 kits, $36.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got all new injector o-ring kits today, strip it down over the week end and git r done. 6 kits, $36.
nice let me no how it all goes

·
Registered
112 Posts
Fixed! We found 4 copper seals that were burned out, 2 more high temps that were starting to give out. 6hrs work. But seems good now, just need to get some miles on her so she relearns.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nice good news . did it cost an arm an a leg?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Kits were $6 each, I did the work.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i still have these turbos for sale two 03 vgt turbos for the 6.0 and a 06 turbo 400 each for the 03s and 300 for the 06

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ok looks like I need your 06 Turbo, mine blew out. Still got it? Going to need a couple weeks for the scratch.
Let me know.
Andy

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes i still have it here . when ever y want it just let me no and its yours

·
Registered
112 Posts
Excellent, I will be in touch shortly.
Thanks Andy

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ok ready to grab the 06 turbo. Sent you a PM
Where and when?

Thanks Andy

·
Registered
112 Posts
Chris, Thanks for dropping off the Turbo, Got her installed an all is good again.
Old turbo was totally fubar'd, intake side ground down a 1/4" exhaust side was about a 1/2"

I have no idea what was holding it together.

But she's good now, thanks!
Andy

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
glad everything worked out good for ya . so the turbo install went good ? just let me no if you ever need any other 6.0 parts i have a bud that has everything . take care

1 - 20 of 28 Posts