Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is a wastegate controller a good add on for a stock turbo, will i see much if any gains? and if it is a good route to go, is the turbomaster the best choice? if it makes any difference, i am currently completely stock (although planning on getting 4'' turbo back exhaust, quadzilla recon xzt gauge, and doing tymar intake this month).

trav

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
is a wastegate controller a good add on for a stock turbo, will i see much if any gains? and if it is a good route to go, is the turbomaster the best choice? if it makes any difference, i am currently completely stock (although planning on getting 4'' turbo back exhaust, quadzilla recon xzt gauge, and doing tymar intake this month).

trav
ANYTHING is better than the stock wastegate acutator. It contains a weak spring prone to losing boost for most of your mid-range. I don't know much about the Turbomaster piece, but I've got the Banks Big Head wastegate actuator & it made a huge difference in performance. Eventually, with all the upgrading you plan on doing, I'd ditch the stock compressor wheel as well unless you just move on up to a better turbo. Give the Turbomaster a whack & see what happens. It's all about trial & error!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts