Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed this on my turbo, and set it to 2" like the directions said. They also said that adjust further from there. I was wondering how i would determine whether or not i needed to adjust it?

·
Registered
193 Posts
look at the boost guage?:dunno:
depends on how much you wana push I suppose...just a WG
could always call bob and ask.
but really you dont wanna go over say 28 psi on a stock or modified stock turbo..for long
it won't make any more power at 30 ..just heat and eventually damage or destroy the turbo.

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yet to see 15 psi on mine

I installed mine and set it to 2" and have yet to see over 15 PSI even when I use the go peddal and get the egt's to 1200 for a short time. I am wondering if I need to check for leaks in the boost system? I will tighten it down another .25 and see what the change is?

Highway @ 70 with cruise control I stay between 2-3 psi and if I romp on it to pass I see 12-14.

guage is an autometer c2 mechanical hooked to the boost controler hose I was not going to use any longer with the new control arm(maybe should hook it up some where else?).

Very noticable difference after the install though.....boost stays steady through the fist 3-4 gears with no loss....might even do the same through OD but EGT's have keept me from keeping in it that long(considering water/meth to lower EGT's)?

After you adjust it I would be interested to know where you ended up (1.5, 1.75, etc) and what boost numbers you are getting.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I am wondering if I need to check for leaks in the boost system? I will tighten it down another .25 and see what the change is?
I think you have boost leaks somewhere. Check you CAC tubes for leaks and tighten them down if need be. Check your up-pipes for soot around the collectors, that's a sign of leaky up-pipes which could be the cause of your low boost numbers.

Chris

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope i havent adjusted it yet. i will probably later on this coming week though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts