Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all I'm a newbie on here and am about 12000$ in repairs now on my 6.0 and looking for some help. My tech just installed arp, egr delete and now there is a wine coming from the turbo area. It happens on acceleration. Truck spools fine and everything it just has this serious wine coming from the exhaust. Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance. David

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also I have a discount auto Coolant cap and my truck is spewing coolant after arp studs and egr delete. My tech says I need a new cap can the cap empty my resivior to?

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
If your pukkng coolant after arp head studs it sounds like you got the raw end of the deal especially after spending $12,000 on repairs/bulletproofing. Did they send your heads to a machine shop to have theme magged, pressure tested, and decked if they weren't 100% flat? Did they use OEM head gaskets or did you have black onyx gaskets installed? Sounds like you got leaking gaskets if it's puking already.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
The exhaust leak possibly depending on how bad it is. Open your hood and get in the truck and start it put it in gear and hold the brake hard and slowly start giving it fuel. You want to get your turbo to spool and start boosting and watch for black smoke to rise out of the engine compartment. This will verify an exhaust leak. Also check all the cac pipes and boots for cracks and leaks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The cap is about three months old and believe me when i say it was pumping gallons out before my truck got the arp head studs. The heads were machined and everything.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I would say head gaskets if your puking that much coolant and if you have B.O gaskets.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
Yeah if it's still puking I'd be willing to bet your black onyx gaskets blew. There are threads and posts all over the Internet about that. Sorry bud but most likely your going to be ripping your heads back off and doing it all again only this time with OEM gaskets. Good news is you don't have to buy new arp head studs as they are reusable as long as they haven't been over torqued. How long ago did you get the work done?

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
Call your tech and ask him how he prepared the block before installing the new gaskets and call the machine shop and ask them what all was done to the heads. There is a reason they failed so soon after being replaced.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Surely you have more than a month warrenty on the work? Take out back, of course he's gonna tell you your cap is the problem. Document, document, document...........

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I recently had a similar noise after installing egr delete. Thought it was misaligned exh pipes but turned out to be a bad seal between intake elbow and manifold. A lot of air is forced through those tubes and it will sound a lot like an exh leak. As for the coolant leak, hate to say everyone seems to be on the same page and I agree. Those BO head gaskets have gotten a pretty bad rap. If that's what it ends up being definitely go with OEM. Badly blown hg's also can sound like a whine or tea kettle whistle so the hg's could be causing the leak and the whine. Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well the cap seems to help a little but from me adding water to the resivior its nowmover filled wtf and now it is slap full to the top. It was almost empty when I put the cap on and now it's all the way to the top! Wth

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry I added water to the middle line when it was empty on the resivior but after running it it fills itself all the way up can some one plz explain to me what is happening here? It's as if the water gets stuck somewhere. I'm no mechanic hints why I am here.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
Did you talk to the tech and ask him how he prepared the block? Or the machine shop and make sure they decked the heads if they weren't 100% flat?

Your max fill line is the minimum line on the degas bottle it will puke if it's higher than that.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
I think your supose to use Ford OEM gaskets. They say they are thicker than the Black Onyx.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts