Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I absolutely love hearing my turbo spool up, is there anything i can do or get to make the whistle more prevalent?

·
Registered
902 Posts
Ebpv delete and a smaller exhaust housing. Mine whistles like crazy now

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
You have stage 1 injectors, do not install a smaller exhaust housing. For your sake i would install the new wicked wheel 2 sold by diesel site. Its said to have a different sound and flows more air to clean up smoke a little more

·
Premium Member
18,029 Posts
Yes I agree. You need a larger exhaust housing you have for better flow because of the increased boost you're going to see out of the injectors. I would also get the generation to wicked wheel and put it on. There has been some great results found by using this wheel and I think with that combination it will yield some great results

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I was getting ready to say that. And as far as the ebpv goes, is it hard to do? im on a very tight budget so I would DIY.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Ebpv delete is super easy to do when you remove the turbo and pedistal to put the new wheel in

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does anyone have the link for the wicked wheel 2?

·
Registered
902 Posts
i agree with the ww2 instead of a housing with stg. ones. ebpv delete is only 50 cents for a freeze plug a bolt and 15 minutes

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What all do i need exactly to do the delete. Like what i have to buy, what size freeze plug? I read I need some locking clip or something so the plug doesn't come out.

·
Registered
902 Posts
What all do i need exactly to do the delete. Like what i have to buy, what size freeze plug? I read I need some locking clip or something so the plug doesn't come out.
Youll need a 3/4 in. freeze plug for the outlet housing. You need a bolt and a tap for where the rod went through i dont remenber off hand what size. On the housing the rod sits in there is a snap ring that comes out that holds the ebpv rod and spring. Pull that out and put the cap back on with the snap ring and your done

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.