Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is the best way to get the loudest turbo whistle out of my 01 7.3....she is straight piped and has 6637 DIY on it plus TS chip 6 position...anything else i can do to help?

·
Registered
448 Posts
wicked wheel, foil delete, and a bigger compressor housing

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
exactly what he said!

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Exhaust or intake whistle? Two different things.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
gt38r.

And a bigger exhaust.

ww makes it louder... wouldn't go that route unless you NEED to though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Will these mods only make it load in the cab? Or will you be able to hear it outside as well?

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
If you can hear it in the insulated cab, you can def. hear it outside. I'd be more concerned about vehicular performance than people hearing your turbo :thumb:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wasn't to worried about it. Not sure why you would want to spend that kind of money to hear whistle. But are u saying these mods wouldn't help performance? I know the foil delete and ww won't. But not sure about housing.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
SD's have a .84 housing stock.. the loudest of them all. A bigger turbo would certainly make more noise though with more performance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I did the WW and ATS housing for turbo surge, and the foil delete for the hell of it. Turbo is so loud now im thinking of putting the foil back on. (LOL JK)

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
LOL you've been on here 7 years and your 2nd post you ever made was a joke?!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I didn't know i had a first post! Ive never had a question that wasn't already answered in a previous post. Or any solutions or answers that somebody else already said. I guess I could be a little more social.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
hahahaha and your third post is saying you didn't know you had a FIRST post! This is epic!! Welcome to the gang! Start piping up with all the knowledge you've learned here the past 7 years :rofl:

·
Registered
41 Posts
ALL my seven years of knowledge came from here! Awesome forum with awesome members, Ill get more active for sure! :thumb:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Dont forget to rip out what ever insulation is under your hood or on your fire wall, then pull all your carpet out. Next a WW and housing, foil delete and whamo!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts