Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just finishing up the installation of my stage 1 injectors and i am going to be putting a TW chip in when it comes in and i was wondering if i can run this set up with my stock turbo?

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
You can run it but I hope you have a set of gauges to keep an eye on your EGT temps. With a stock turbo and no IC they may get hot fast!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i did gauges before i started doing any of this i just wastn sure if my turbo could handle it or if it would break eventually, i wann get an ic for it soon though

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
your turbo will handle them just fine, BUT I highly suggest you invest in an IC soon, those EGTS will get hot without one in the higher tunes if your gettin on it

·
Registered
507 Posts
i currently have that setup and warm can be an understatment. I can hit 1200* on flat ground at 3/4 throttle, no load. But the turbo has handled it so far. But the ocational 35lbs of boost is proly not going to help the turbo, so i to am looking to upgrade the turbo and put in a i/c

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I am running the same setup in my 94 and my turbos holding up fine. I can build 18 lbs of boost MAX but my EGTs dont get above 1000 unless its held to the floor for at least 45 seconds in 5th

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I am running the same setup in my 94 and my turbos holding up fine. I can build 18 lbs of boost MAX but my EGTs dont get above 1000 unless its held to the floor for at least 45 seconds in 5th
18 psi boost max with stage 1s and TW tuning? You got a bad gauge or some problems man. You should be able to push 35+ psi pretty easy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts