Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i am installing my rebuilt turbo and i cant for the life of me get the clamp on the exhaust on the back of the turbo i have both up pipes on the bottom lose is there a trick or sumthing im doin wrong im ready to cut a whole in the firewall from the inside of the truck just kidding but im very fustrated let me no guys thanxs alot:confused:

·
Lifetime Premium Member
6,100 Posts
Have you loosened the bolts around the Doughnuts,might need a little more room for it to twist.I just put mine back on this past weekend,it wasnt much fun either.

·
Registered
985 Posts
sorry man i know how it can be, take a look to make sure the clamp is free of all debree and take a five-er and drank a beer.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no i havent i dont wanna cause i already have those tight as i replaced the dounuts and dnt wanna ruin them god dammit i hate ford or international enginners who ever designed this turbo system im really thinking about buying a cummins now sadly and i drank like 3 beers and it still dnt work im stuped

·
Registered
164 Posts
if you can look with the turbo sitting in place how close it is to lining up. if its close you can unbolt the turbo and put the exhaust on first(dont tighten clamp the whole way til turbo is tight) and then pull on the turbo and bolt the turbo done first. I have done this before. just make sure its close or this wont work

·
Registered
135 Posts
i feel your pain just put a bigger turbo on a bd turbo thruster took me from 7 at night till 9 in the morning , i also installed the international bellow up pipes repair kit and they too were a bit$h to line up. i left the bottom of the pipes barely on and with a friends help from below we got the stupid little pin lined up good luck bud i know it sucks

·
Registered
956 Posts
Loosen up the clamp and tap it around a bunch of times. If it's able to move keep taping the end that has slack around until you get it all loose. If not take a flat head screw driver and pry it little by little until you have enough space to slide it off. It can be a slow process if you don't have spare parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts