Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to start a post to see who all had a turbo timer? And If you do could you tell me about yours(brand, price, etc) Thanks for all yall's help yall are great.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump bumb..

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool anymore?

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,307 Posts
Yeah I have the unit made by Brite Box not cheap but it works great and has a lot of features. I use it daily. I have a very spoiled Bassett Hound that goes everywhere with me, in the summer I just set the timer for as long as I will be gone and the AC stays running keeping her nice and cool. Hey I told you she was spoiled!! I have the extended run time, I think it is 220 min, the most I have done is about 90 min. It has a very small micro toggle that acts as a kill switch, it is hidden and I use it when down in the city. It also has a feature that eliminates dry starts after a oil change and the install was very simple and quick.
When I researched them I was going to go with the Isspro, but what Isspro doesn't mention is your keyless entry may not work if you have a 2000 or 20001 truck. They came up with a interface they say fixes it but I have read it's not 100% so if you have a 00 or 01 like me I would stay away from the Isspro unit. Oh the Brite box also has a interface that will allow you to use your CC buttons to set it. The Brite Box has the most features and I feel the best unit out there, but then again you pay for the best. Some good alarms have a turbo timer on them but I have heard they are hit and miss as well, probably depends on the installer. Any ? PM me.

NCH

·
Registered
433 Posts
hey smitty i see your down at lrafb. i was just there a month ago helping my sister move into the inn on base.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey smitty i see your down at lrafb. i was just there a month ago helping my sister move into the inn on base.
O yea im sorry you had to come down here, like Lou Holtz once said "this isnt hell, but I can sure see it", but on a lighter side its not to bad here If you like the outdoors which is why i got rid of my RX-8 for a stroker.

·
Registered
433 Posts
the funnest part bout the 1900 miles was smokin out people at the lights in downtown little rock. lol

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea how did you like the interstate system down here, I'm pretty sure they hired 3 year olds to come up with the plans, and then put them half-way in action before they just gave up working on them.

·
Registered
193 Posts
i have a crimestopper remote start/ car alarm
starts the truck..has a turbo timer too.

you basically add a push button switch .
push it 1~5 times..each is a minute.
nice extra feature..even better as you can do it at a quick stop etc..

·
Registered
433 Posts
talk about spaghetti! good thing i had the tom tom with or there wouldve been lot more swearing.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea but at least the base is nice ive been here for a year now and im not completely tired of it.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
I bought a remote starter on eBay new for like $40. I can use it to start the truck or I can activate it while the truck is running and it will keep it running after I remove the key and lock the doors for as long as I set the timer for. Usually I just watch the egt and shut it off when it gets near 300 which usually only takes a minute or two. I like it cause I can leave the truck running on quick stops without leaving the doors open or the keys in it. The remote start is also real nice on cold mornings. Only problem I’ve had with it in about 3 years is sometimes the remotes quit and I have to do the reprogramming procedure, takes about 2 minutes and only happens every few months but is aggravating.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
im really looking for something like a greddy if anyone has one can yall give me details.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.