Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening fellas.
I am seeking suggestions for a turbo for my 94 stroker! I have already Changed it to a late 99.5 style turbo, and it didnt last very long:(
So now I am looking to put one on it that will last with the mods I have and then a good bit more! I already have stage 2 injectors, and a TS chip, with a few other little things. I will probably go to stage 3 or bigger soon, along with big oil. I need a good setup that will withstand some HP. Please give sugestions.
Thanks In advance.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Hypermax H2E is a pretty good turbo from what i understand.

Works better in higher HP ranges i believe

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Your looking at going past the point of drop in turbos... I really like the Turbonetics T-70 kits... Ball bearing, best looking kit on the market... Any T-4 turbo will bolt up...

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
I run a modded H2E and it is great. It cleans up my small(stock nozzle) B codes just fine and it tows great, almost zero lag. EGT's have never been over 1200* towing in the mountains with 20K gross.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
H2E is what I would have gone with if I didn't get the TN BB.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
hey everybody,
im looking to get a little more boost pressure out of my 02 7.3. it has a bully dog power pup and aem intake and i was considering the whicked wheel and ats housing. any other suggestions??

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
hey everybody,
im looking to get a little more boost pressure out of my 02 7.3. it has a bully dog power pup and aem intake and i was considering the whicked wheel and ats housing. any other suggestions??
You won't need the wicked wheel with the ATS housing.

If you don't have some form of boost fooler, and still have the waste gate plugged in, then you won't see anymore than 25lbs anyway.

The housing will cure the turbo surge, get a regulator put on it, plug the wastegate up and then you will see in the hood of 28psi-32psi.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
alright. ill have to look into all that. i havent realy looked into the mechanics of my engine that much so im gonna try and do some of the simpler stuff. any small upgrades i could do for some cheap hp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts