Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I am looking for another tester to try out a turbo here in town (local to phoenix Az area)

I am looking for someone local because I would like to get before and after dyno numbers and maybe try a couple of different turbo ideas. I am looking for someone wanting to push the stock injectors to the limit to see what they can do. I am preferably looking for someone who has pushed the limit and gotten a bunch of mods but has not upgraded injectors... not just your typical stock truck.

This person must be able to work on their own truck and must be willing to go to the dyno a couple of times with me (but won't have to pay for the dyno)

Also I am not looking for someone who has problems with their truck. I am looking for someones truck that runs great and has no problems.

Requirements:
Gauges/monitor
Studs
Stock injectors
SCT tuning
Ficm Tuner (hopefully)
No big tires (smaller than 35")
Ported intake?
Air filter?

DO NOT SEND ME ANY PM'S... POST YOUR TRUCK INFO HERE

·
Premium Member
19,104 Posts
I'm local to the Phoenix area and I'll help out, but not sure if I'm in for swapping turbos right now. I have everything you are asking about except I don't have FICM tuning. Right now is dune season, so when we aren't working, we are towing the toy hauler to play in the sand... Let me know if I can help, though.

CS Monitor
Studs
stock injectors
SCT tuning
53V BPD FICM (no tuning)
33" tires
no ported intake
BPD aluminum welded ends on my intercooler
MTW Stage 1 turbo
4" exhaust

Oh and all this should be in my auto-sig. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Yep got everything you want, but not looking to do R&D on a 10K engine... Sorry

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm local to the Phoenix area and I'll help out, but not sure if I'm in for swapping turbos right now. I have everything you are asking about except I don't have FICM tuning. Right now is dune season, so when we aren't working, we are towing the toy hauler to play in the sand... Let me know if I can help, though.

CS Monitor
Studs
stock injectors
SCT tuning
53V BPD FICM (no tuning)
33" tires
no ported intake
BPD aluminum welded ends on my intercooler
MTW Stage 1 turbo
4" exhaust

Oh and all this should be in my auto-sig. ;)

That might work great! Going to the dunes might be perfect... depending on how the turbo runs on your truck. I would really like to get some tow testing done. I could even head out there with you. I was hoping to go over the next few weeks... Glamis road trip?

·
Registered
721 Posts
I'm interested my truck is all stock

Between suspension and motor work I don't think your truck is physically capable of ever being stock again!

·
Premium Member
19,104 Posts
That might work great! Going to the dunes might be perfect... depending on how the turbo runs on your truck. I would really like to get some tow testing done. I could even head out there with you. I was hoping to go over the next few weeks... Glamis road trip?
We only camp at Gordon's Well. We've been to Glamis and Buttercup, but Gordon's is where we prefer. We are headed out just after Christmas for a New Year's run. You are welcome to join us.

·
Registered
890 Posts
im down charlie i have everything in my sig plus just got a php ficm tuner. my current turbo is a 03 with a barder dual plane but looking to get more with my stock sticks. truck runs great no problems what so ever and do all of my own work and have lots of tools. located off of 75th and the 101

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.