Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was just reading on an OBS thread about a guy requesting a PN for the rubber seal between the turbo and the Y-pipe. (I assume the intake spider not the exhaust?) Do the SD's have a gasket here as well? Mine didn't have one when I took it apart, so I didn't put one back in there when I swapped my turbo. Do I need to go find one to put back in there?
-Aaron

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Sure does. between the x-pipe/spider-pipe and the compressor housing. Yes there is.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,272 Posts
Mine never had one.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts

Right there. Is a big O-ring. Recessed into the compressor housing. Nobody else has one...:confused: Seriously. :dunno:

·
PMR = JUNK
11,272 Posts
Nope, ive had it apart a few times and never saw one there.

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm, interesting. I will hit up the dealer tomorrow and see if they have a listing. I distinctly remember thinking there should be a crush gasket or something in there, but just kind of shrugged it off thinking that it probably hadn't been apart before, so it must not have anything.
-Aaron

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Weird. Mine has always had it. The new housing has it too. (not pictured)

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, that is weird. I am pretty sure I remember a groove where a rubber o-ring would go, but no o-ring. I bought mine with 132,000 on the clock so maybe mine had been apart before. I definitely didn't leak because I was getting my stock turbo to at least 30psi on stock injectors.
-Aaron

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yup, there is one there. O-ring type.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.