Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is it time to rebuild a turbo? My 2000 f350 ccd has about 176,000 mi, and doesn't have the power I think it should. I have a 4" exhaust with free flowing muffler, diy intake, and a Superchips programmer. I have noticed the inter-cooler pipes are oily both by the inter-cooler and the turbo, so I am thinking my seals are leaking? is this possible that by rebuilding the turbo and buying a new compressor wheel that this could restore the power it should have? I used to have an early 99 psd and it had noticeably more power than this truck, and had 300,000 mi but also had a new turbo. Thanks in advance for the advice

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didnt change anything ccv, I just replaced the stock filter/box with a donaldson and some pvc to connect the two. Air filter is good, new 5,000 mi ago, fuel filter is good, new 100 mi ago. I have never checked fuel pressure. What should it be? What other symptoms would be related to low fuel pressure? I am also getting terrible fuel mileage (9.5-10.5). Granted its a big truck, but I still think it should be much better than that. I have not checked the shaft play either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts