Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day my turbo just stopped whistling when i would go wot. Before this it would whistle really loud in the cab Now it sounds like its sucking a bunch of air. I can only build about 22 pounds of boost. I am running an sct with custom tunes and was thinking that i would be able to build more boost than that on extreme race. I checked all the ic tubes and they all are tight and checked the down pipe and all looks good. Any ideas?:dunno:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bump::bump::bump:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Check you y-pipe bellows for carbon or leaks.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks man. i didnt even think of that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My buddy was losing boost and it had more lag than usual, we pulled it out and cleaned up the vanes in it... It made a big difference.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've cleaned it about 6 months ago. This seems different than a dirty turbo.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another problem I have been having is that when I start the truck it takes a long time for the Turbo to kick in. Sometimes I can drive a couple of miles before it will even start to work. Could it be the vgt solenoid not working? It still does it even after a fresh cleaning.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
dont you notice a crap load of smoke when the turbo dont kick in. mine would do that sometimes and would smoke crazy until the turbo lit but would usually kick in as i got into the throttle, would never go a couple miles, let alone about 10 feet without kicking in. i would check the vgt solenoid

1 - 8 of 8 Posts