Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a 1.15 non wastegated exhaust housing on my turbo. My egts are now higher than the were before, my boost comes on slower than before, it will still get as high as before but i've really got to be into the throttle to get it there. It seems to have less low end but better power pulling a load at 70 mph than before but again the egts are about 150 degrees higher. Ive been told i had a boost leak somewhere, i've looked at everything, it all looks like it did before, so is there a good way to find a leak if there is one. or does anyone have any ideas why the increase in egts instead of the decrease i was expecting. thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also would it be better it put the stock compressor wheel back in or leave the wicked wheel in? any input would be great, thanks

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
You can build a boost leak detecter

·
Registered
862 Posts
Well that is what happens when you go to a to big of a housing. Bigger isnt always better. You have to have what fits your setup and a 1.15 housing is WAY to big for stock injectors. I'm running a 1.00 on my 38r just because a 1.15 would still be to big for what i would like. They spool a lot slower and dont produce the boost because they are bigger.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The turbo being too big for stock injectors explains the slow boost and lower boost, but do you have any ideas on the higher egts?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
The turbo being too big for stock injectors explains the slow boost and lower boost, but do you have any ideas on the higher egts?
Exhaust Leak

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
How high of EGTs are we talking about?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
before the changing it ran 1000-1100 with a big load on, now i can hit 1200

1 - 9 of 9 Posts