·
Registered
2,646 Posts
2003 6.0 w/exhaust intake and sct3 with dj,s 90 street----
When my turbo is run alot--after long trip-- when i go to aclerate the turbo
whistle doesn't start till 17-2000 rpm --normally it starts at 900 rpm and loud
is it because its hot is this normall or is somthing wrong??? please help
thanks guys
On my 07 somtimes i hear it and sometimes i don't, its kinda intermittant.

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
Sounds like it is sticking. You might want to take it off and clean up the vanes...

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Sounds like it is sticking. You might want to take it off and clean up the vanes...
Thanks shawn, I thought of that and have taken it to the international dealer twice to have it checked out and they say it is fine. Maybe its just me. I wish my heads would pop off so i can get studs under warranty and then get a tune. I'm chicken to add a tuner

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
I totally understand. I didn't put a tuner on it until the HG's went out... I towed my trailer quite a bit and it finally took it's toll. Once the warranty is out, I'll fully remove the EGR cooler and functionality.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I totally understand. I didn't put a tuner on it until the HG's went out... I towed my trailer quite a bit and it finally took it's toll. Once the warranty is out, I'll fully remove the EGR cooler and functionality.
I don't tow enough heavy stuff for it to ever be an issue i'm afraid. I'm thinking of hooking up to Art D4 and hauling that up and down the mountains for a bit to see if i can encourage them to go. My neighbors have two 6.0's, an 03 and an 04 which they use to hauled heavy stuff daily in their road building and cattle ranching ventures and those trucks have never missed a beat. I guess if you get a good one it is rock solid.
Yeah, that egr cooler has to go. Not sure i can wait for the warranty to expire before i do that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts