Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just installed an egr delete and new oil cooler on an early 04 6.0 now the engine ran excellent after the install three days later engine idles fine but running down the road it has no power. It sounds like the Turbo isn't spoiling up at all rpms are steady at 2500 WOT small amount of white smoke. Any ideas here guys anything I can check to confirm its the Turbo? I have ordered an AE scanner hasn't arrived yet any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I also changed the icp sensor while I had the intake off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same here

DITTO, just finished the same on my early 04 and it feels like turbo is not even bolted to truck even though I can hear some whistle over 2900 RPM. No white smoke noticed on mine. Did not change the ICP but I changed the EBP sensor. Double checked the connections and swapped out the VGT and still the same. Anyone have any suggestions for this low power no power condition.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Still having the issue? My guesses are you didn't align the y-pipe and turbo flange correctly and you have a leak causing a lack of boost. You should remove the uppipe bolts from the drivers side exhaust manifold, sit the turbo on top of the engine without bolting it down, line up the y-pipe/flange, install the v-band clamp, then bolt the turbo down followed by reattaching the uppipe bolts.

·
Registered
31 Posts
egr delete

I had the same issues after deleteing my egr and cooler on my 04.
found out you have to get a programmer and a custom tune that doesnt use egr functions ,other wise your computer still thinks you have a egr and things dont work write, i got a sct tuner and cutom tunes and installed them and the truck runs great ever since, lots of power,lots of smoke

·
Registered
5 Posts
Banshee365 was right on, it didnt sound like a leak, but found the carbon trace, got it aligned and tight. Run like a top now. Thanks. :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts