Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I would like to say thanks to everyone for all the great info. There hasnt been anything yet that I haven't been able to get an answer for from this forum. That being said, I had something strange happen last time I was home on vacation (I work in Iraq). I drove down to Orlando/Daytona from NW PA, took the kids to Disney and went to the Pepsi 400. No Problems, BTW just had a rebuilt tranny put in at the dealer the week prior. On the way back on I95 when I cruising steady throttle I heard something that sounded like the turbo spooling but there was no change in power or speed. As soon I heard it I let off the pedal and got back on and it stopped. This happened a couple more times. I am completely baffled as to what it could be :dunno:

The truck has run great besides this and the tranny. It is an all stock 04 F350 CC DRW FX4 w/50k miles.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody has any ideas? Anything? :dunno:

I just got a set of gauges to put in so I will see if it does it this time when I get home. I'm gonna be making 2 runs from PA to NC moving my stuff to the new house.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got my gauges in the mail today and I dont get home for another month. At the time I had nothing for indication. I just thought it was odd that it didnt happen until after I had driven down 1500 miles and all over Orlando/Daytona and then part way back. Like I said it only happened a couple times. I am just wondering if anybody had ever heard of anything similar happening. I have searched and searched and seen nothing like it. This was in the middle of July in FL so maybe it could be something heat related?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Yah, kinda hard to say from what you describe. It can be kind of difficult to explain sounds these rigs make in writing. Possibly sticking vanes in the turbo or maybe vgt solenoid going out. :dunno:
Maybe someone else may have ideas on it for you.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats what I've been leaning towards. Just didnt think it could be cuz I dont take it easy on the pedal. I love making the turbo work. That and you cant drive easy in Orlando, those people are nuts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.