Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
YUP,, no whistle at'tall:dunno:
These turbo's have variable vanes. They tend to stick with coke (soot) or rust. Do you drive it hard or just on short trips. Shortie trips and lots of idle '= no good for PSD. Take intake cleaner off at turb and see if it is spinning free or any damage to vanes.
Keep Posted

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
back to the top for you. and diesel freak is right. Upi have to kick that turbo in, I do a lot of short trips and at least every trip I hammer.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These turbo's have variable vanes. They tend to stick with coke (soot) or rust. Do you drive it hard or just on short trips. Shortie trips and lots of idle '= no good for PSD. Take intake cleaner off at turb and see if it is spinning free or any damage to vanes.
Keep Posted
I just unplugged the turbo syliniod. I like the way it sounds with the turbo turned off.

·
Banned
0 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Is that bad for the engine? :dunno:

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Keep Posted
You've come a long way lloyd!

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts

·
Bring On The Snow
1,650 Posts
I love the way it sounds. I sometimes wish mine sounded like that all the time at idle. I dont really like how th 6.0s sound at idle i like the deep rumble.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sounds wild man!... i won't be doing it any time soon- so thanks for taking video :laugh:
I love the way it sounds. I sometimes wish mine sounded like that all the time at idle. I dont really like how th 6.0s sound at idle i like the deep rumble.
My friend and I did the same thing to his duramax and it sounded like a cummins.

·
The Lady Mod
8,515 Posts
I just unplugged the turbo syliniod. I like the way it sounds with the turbo turned off.
I must ask the burning question... Why would anyone unplug the turbo just to hear how it sounds without the turbo?:dunno::doh:

·
Registered
299 Posts
I must ask the burning question... Why would anyone unplug the turbo just to hear how it sounds without the turbo?:dunno::doh:
Cause we are MEN and can't stop messin with stuff.:hehe:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts