Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago my truck lost power and boost went all the way down. I could put it WOT and once it got to about 50 or ore it would build boost and take off. I changed fuel filters and put injector cleaner in and it seemed to be ok for a little while. The other day it stopped building boost all together. I talked to a few people who said my turbo is probably bad. I bought a new turbo put it in and nothing it still does the same thing. I checked the egt wire and plug an they seemed to be fine. I cleaned the ebp sensor as well. I am stuck and not sure what else to check or what could be causing this any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The egt wire or the vgt wire?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,408 Posts
Need a little more detail:

What year is your truck?
Any work done recently?
Are you monitoring your VGT%? If so, what are your numbers?
Have you checked your MAP hose on the intake on passenger side, and sensor?
What are EBP, MAP, and Baro sensors reading at koeo?

-jokester

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is 2005 f350, no work done recently that all the sudden changed anything. It just started doing it out of nowhere. At the time no I was not monitoring my vgt% now that the new turbo is installed it doesn't build any boost really, gets to like 2psi maybe

·
Premium Member
2,408 Posts
And you checked the nipple on the intake for the MAP sensor? Did you pull and clean the EBP tube when you cleaned the sensor?
VGT%, not boost. What is your VGT% readings.

-jokester

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't pull the ebt tube I couldn't get the nut off the mount but I did poke it out to try and clear anything

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No didn't hear or feel any leaks. I'm stumped on what this could be, thinking it has to be something electrical.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no I had it idling and unplugged the VGT sensor and did not notice any change. I took it out just a minute ago and at WOT the boost finally builds about 50 mph and hen takes off but then goes right back to no boost.

·
Premium Member
7,841 Posts
No P0299? mine did the same thing, high VGT% and no boost, it turned out my unison ring was stuck, cleaned my turbo and all is well now, 6.0s are kinda notorious for this problem. Especially if they sit, or aren't run hard once in awhile. :twocents:

·
Premium Member
7,841 Posts
Did you replace the vgt solenoid with the turbo? Check the pigtail too.

Reactions: jokester00

·
Premium Member
7,841 Posts
Yes the new turbo came with a new solenoid
Did you inspect the pigtail real good, the plugs gets brittle and the wires can chafe, with everything new that's about all that's left unless you got a bad turbo (stranger things have happened)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts