Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm thinking that the video will not help out too much the sound isn't that well but around 2000 RPM's when I let off the gas or shift it's starting to make a different noise. Sorta like a sigh and a whine...

Here's the video's

·
Premium Member
20,293 Posts
Hard to hear it, but I'll bet its just what we call, a turbo fart. Its the compressor wheel bouncing back and forth, from the exhaust gasses stopping abruptly. No big deal, I just don't like to do it. If you drive it nice, it doesn't make any noise, right?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the thing it happens when I'm driving easy or on it. I don't think it's a turbo fart.

·
Premium Member
20,293 Posts
Its hard to hear, at least to me :dunno:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's not just you it's me as well. I can hear it while I'm driving... My wife can even hear it so I know it's there.:dunno:

I'll work on getting the video in a day or two.

·
Registered
274 Posts
It is hard to hear.... When was the last time you cleaned your turbo? It might be a good idea to do just to see if you have something wrong, like bad bearings.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How often should you do it? I doubt it's ever been done before it's got 93k and I got it from an asphault company with 70k

·
Registered
274 Posts
I think some people clean it between 50-100k. Do a search on how to do it, its pretty straight forward. Do you keep up with your oil changes?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea I keep up with it every 5-7k

1 - 10 of 10 Posts