Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know how I can reduce Turbo lag. I'm running Atlas 40 tune which was supposed to help, but still have pretty bad lag

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
replace the banjo bolts. how clean is the air filter? do the blue spring mod on the filter housing. and also just getting some tuning on the truck will help.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Banjo bolts on what? Air filter clean and is a volant CAI.
Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
It's impossible to tell you what to do to it unless we know what all is done to the truck and what year make and model it is. Once we have that info we could help. But for the most part a bigger free flowing exhaust, egr delete with delete pipe, and cat and muffler deletes will help. Tuning will help most of the lag issues but the other mods will help as well. The banjo bolts and blue spring mods aren't going to decrease turbo lag it will only make sure to allow your injectors to have proper fuel pressure.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I have 5" Turbo back exhaust with cat delete. Cold air intake with ram air box. Also have PHP Atlas 40 ficm tune

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
There is a certain amount of lag that is unavoidable with the VGT turbo on the 6.0L Powerstroke.

Do you have any aftermarket tuning other than the Atlas 40?
Do you have a monitor on the truck now?
Anything else you've done to the truck?

Help us see if you have a turbo issue itself:
How much lag are you seeing?
How much boost are you seeing?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I seem to have good boost. My cystic shows a Max of 29 at times. I haven't looked at vgt duty CYcle. No other tuning. Lag seems pretty bad. If I pull out in front of a car about 500 feet away, they are on me pretty quick. Also I'm getting heavy and thick black smoke again. I run cetane boost on every fill up too

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm sorry I meant CTS. My phone always corrects my spelling

1 - 11 of 11 Posts