Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's my story . . .

I got stuck in traffic on good old I 76 last week for about 2 hours with the truck idleing most of the time. Temps stayed good everything seemed fine. I gave it a couple miles after getting moving again then hammered on it pretty good passing a truck. From there on out I seem to picked up some turbo lag. Even from about 65 - 70 mph if I romp on it it'll take a good 3 seconds to drop a gear and get moving. Otherwise, it runs the same. No engine codes, nothing exciting happening under normal driving. Boost numbers still seem about right, just doesn't respond anymore. I'm running SCT with extreme street tune, straight piped and otherwise stock. I believe the turbo vanes were cleaned just before I bought it and it's only been a few thousand miles I've put on it since then. I also believe the EGR valve was replaced before I bought, but that part was listed kinda goofy on the OASIS so I'm not positive..that just what the dealer told me. So I'm looking for ideas. Anyone got any?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bump:

Anybody??

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One last bump. Someone has got to have some ideas. I just checked the EGR it wasn't bad at all. I wiped the soot off and it looked like new. I drove it afterwards it was cool enough to have the windows down and I noticed I definitly lost some turbo whistle. I have an early 04, I don't know if it's the same as the 03 turbo everyone raves about, but it was loud before and isn't anymore. Where do I go from here?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts