Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 95 f-350 when pulling any kind of load it does fine for about 15 minutes then the check engine light comes on. If you keep going for bout 45 minutes it will gradually loose power till it wont move then quits. if you cut the key off then crank it back up it is fine and the check engine light is off but it quits again quikly, ( this is only if you run it till it loses power and dies ), when the light comes on and you cut off shortly after then back on its perfectly fine. I ran the codes and keep geting the boost sensor. I think my turbo has been going out because it burns a little oil andaround the turbo usually has a thin coat of oil. Any suggestions? need to fix it asap.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cant remember the code number but I know it said the boost sensor. the whole intake side of the turbo is coated with oil and the base to. My dad has owned this truck for years and has kept it in good shape and I just inherited it. its bone stock no guages or anything, but definately coming soon. the truck has a very different sound when the check engine light comes on also kinda like somebody stuck their foot in the exhaust.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea thats what I was thinking. It blew a good hole in the radiator last night, (if it aint one thing its another), when i fix the radiator then I will pull the codes. Where is a good website to get a nice high performance radiator?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.