Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How the ()*#$%)(*&$% do you get the oil return line on the bottom of the turbo seated?!?!? If I get the turbo in the right place it's because the oil line isn't in, when I get the oil line lined up I can't move the turbo....

Help!!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not so fast.

Got everything buttoned back up, and having two issues.

Isuue #1: Feels like it's running through molasses, very little acceleration, like constant turbo lag. Would I need a reflash for switching to an 03 turbo? Or disco the batteries?

Issue #2: Got a steady drip from around that ill-fated returnl line. Let me guess, I get to take the whole thing apart and do it again?

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Not so fast.

Got everything buttoned back up, and having two issues.

Isuue #1: Feels like it's running through molasses, very little acceleration, like constant turbo lag. Would I need a reflash for switching to an 03 turbo? Or disco the batteries?

Issue #2: Got a steady drip from around that ill-fated returnl line. Let me guess, I get to take the whole thing apart and do it again?
1: don't know. PM scuffy828

2: That is your prize!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shouldn't have to. I don't know of any one that has.

As for the molasses, thats weird. Mine spooled faster then the old one.

I hear it sooner than the old one. I just don't have any boost, or at least thats how it feels.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anything on the boost gauge?
Gauges aren't installed yet.

I haven't tried using the live monitor feature with my X3 yet though, not running a tune so didn't think to try that...

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
You'll want to find out if you are getting any boost, and if you are, how much, and how fast.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just want to triple check here before I send the turbo back to the Ebay seller,

An 04 with an 03 turbo installed will not require a reflash, correct??

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Correct. I did an 07 to an 03 and did not require a reflash.

It shouldn't have any lag and I gained (and others too) a couple lbs boost running the same files.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts