Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dieselis' Maximus
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got all my stuff in, I cannot get the up pipe off the back side of the turbo off. the down pipe came off pretty easy. Searched the forums and am still looking however i cant find anything any advice would be great.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
The up pipe clamp is a major pain sometimes. I would just spray the heck out of it with PB Blaster and loosen the clamp up all the way and try to give it a little pry with a pry bar or place a long pry bar on the clamp and give it a couple good smacks with a hammer to try and jar it a bit. WHatever you do dont damage the clamp because you need to reuse it. It's a pain on all the trucks I've done, but it will eventually come off just be patient and get comfortable laying on top of the motor reaching wayyyyy back there. Good luck.

·
Dieselis' Maximus
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks let it soak in some PB and my long armed buddy was able to pop it, the PB helped alot. Inside for the night but Ill get the new one on tommorrow and move on to the injectors and Trans valve body. Thanks for the advice.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
The up pipe clamp is a major pain sometimes. I would just spray the heck out of it with PB Blaster and loosen the clamp up all the way and try to give it a little pry with a pry bar or place a long pry bar on the clamp and give it a couple good smacks with a hammer to try and jar it a bit. WHatever you do dont damage the clamp because you need to reuse it. It's a pain on all the trucks I've done, but it will eventually come off just be patient and get comfortable laying on top of the motor reaching wayyyyy back there. Good luck.

Sounds like words form someone who has done it a time or two.....

When you put the clamp back on, make sure the inside of the clamp is slathered in high temp anti-sieze. It will make the next time soooooo easy to take the clamp off. I use it on the down pipe as well.

·
Registered
179 Posts
YA I FOUGHT MINE FOR ALMOST TWO HOURS. THAT CLAMP WAS A MAJOR PAIN.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
LOL... I just shoot it the day before, and then just as I loosen the bolt. Listen... wait... "ping" and off it comes.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
since I've bought my D66 from Howard about 3 or 4 months ago I have had it off probably 6 times.... it takes me about 15 minutes to get it off the pedistal these days.

you know what they say, practice makes perfect lol.

·
Banned
733 Posts
I replaced the bolts with allen head screws and lock washers, and used anti seize and cleaned out the bolt holes in the y-flange. What a pain taking them apart...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts