Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when im driving my 6.0 you hear the turbo whistle like its leaking and but only happens between like 2,500 rpms and 3,200 rpms but the truck has no power the turbo is putting at most 16 psi when it used to put out 25 -30 at full throttle
do i need a new turbo or what could it might be please help truck is stock except chip,intake,exhaust if i put my chip in stock it takes a long time to get up to 70 mph need help please thank you.:icon_ford::icon_ford:

· Registered
119 Posts
How many miles on the truck? I would check all your turbo connections. Make sure no boots have slipped off or are
Worn/cracked, check the band clamps too! Then check the MAP sensor on the passenger side of engine compartment, there will be a hose that runs to the pass. side of the intake, same drill make sure hose is pliable, no cracks, remove fitting on intake make sure it not plugged! Last is pull the turbo and clean it up, pretty simple and there are YouTube videos out there on how.

Mine was doing what yours is doing, one silicon hose was not all the way on. Plus I had to replace the hose to the MAP sensor, and I cleaned up the turbo... I've seen 24psi since on my CTS boost gauge.

Let me know what you find!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Premium Member
3,718 Posts
there was oil in the turbo is that normal ? On the charge side to the inter cooler
It is absolutely normal.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks twoicebergs. I found the leak and it is the plastic pipe off the intercooler it cracked on the bottom guess I didn't see it imma buy the afe steel pipe so it won't happen again I duct taped the hose for now got all my boost back thanks for the help.

· Registered
119 Posts
Thanks twoicebergs. I found the leak and it is the plastic pipe off the intercooler it cracked on the bottom guess I didn't see it imma buy the afe steel pipe so it won't happen again I duct taped the hose for now got all my boost back thanks for the help.
Glad you found the leak and got it pack up to par!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.