Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds like my turbo is fluttering a little while after i switch to 5th gear and have it hammered whats the easyist and quickest way to stop fluttering.

sorry if this is in the wrong forum wasnt sure where to put it.:dunno:

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
Get a wicked wheel. That will fix it most of the time and is the cheapest way to fix it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Wicked wheel about $100

Ported housing about $400??

·
Registered
289 Posts
Beat me to it:doh:

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
I have a early 99 so it has the wicked wheel from the factory, on my tow tunes (heavy tow or agressive tow) pulling a decent grade in top gear I get loads of flutter to the point I always have to let off and keep the boost around 18-20 max

So I dont know if the wicked wheel is goin to be a cure all for you

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
Right, the WW will not always cure it. It cured mine, but that doesn't mean that it will cure yours.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have a early 99 so it has the wicked wheel from the factory, on my tow tunes (heavy tow or agressive tow) pulling a decent grade in top gear I get loads of flutter to the point I always have to let off and keep the boost around 18-20 max

So I dont know if the wicked wheel is goin to be a cure all for you
The wicked wheel will help but I think the housing should clear it up.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright thanks guys ill try the wicked wheel for now cause im to broke to afford the housing i can barely afford to keep diesel in it and it goin down the road

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
What you have is called "Turbo Surge" do a search and you will find a lot of info. Some promise the WW as a cure, but it doesn't always work, the only for sure cure is the new housing. Or different turbo, really big $$$$ I suggest keeping your foot out of the go pedal.

NCH

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Sounds like my turbo is fluttering a little while after i switch to 5th gear and have it hammered whats the easyist and quickest way to stop fluttering.

sorry if this is in the wrong forum wasnt sure where to put it.:dunno:
The "easiest and quickest" way to stop is to get off the throttle when it starts surging. I know $$ is tight, so thatmay be your best bet. If you want to spend money to "fix" it, then follow these other guys adivse :thumb: My ATS housing fixed mine. :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so does surging hurt my motor or turbo?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
o.... well how long do i have till it is destroyed?

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
WW fixed mine. I didnt wanna afford the housing either

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright i got a guy from DSP here in waller and hes getin one shipped in for me it will hopefully be here by the end of the week WW that is

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
You'll need an impact wrench to get the old compressor wheel off.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts