Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my dads got an 05 6.0, all stock except an edge programmer.

a while back we replaced fuel filters cause it was running ****ty. it's got 106,000 miles on it. now when driving at any random time the turbo guage on the dash on on the edge screen will out of no where start showing 0 boost. at this point the truck seems to lose a little power, but not all, then after that sometimes the boost guage will go back to normal and full power will return within 1 minute of so, but most of the time after flipping to 0 boost. it will lose power, then 1 minute or so goes by and it will lose all turbo boost and won't be able to pull a trailer for ****. now when it does this we shift to neutral turn key off for 2 seconds, turn key back on and start it, and programmer says clearing trouble codes, (which it does on every start whether it messed up before or not) then the truck runs just fine after the restart. but then the turbo may do it again a mile down the road, or it might be 10 miles. or an hour before it does it again. its' completely random when it does this. any ideas? some have told me egr needs to be cleaned. anyone had this happen?

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Sorry, I dont know much about 6.0's. Here is a bump though!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Ur turbo vanes might be stuck?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not really familiar with this truck, how would i go about taking the edge off? would that be as simple as unplugging it somewhere? would i need to do anything after unplugging it to make the truck run right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts