Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would be a good choice for that range of injector sizes? buying a set soon and getting a turbo when i get back grom deployment, along with fuel system and studs, among other things. i could choose 205/215/225cc injectors and want as little lag as possible, all the power off the line i can get. top end power is not my concern is what im getting at. and neither is a peak horsepower number. all i race is short distance, from a stop. no quarter mile or 150mph runs. just light to light and 1/8 mile. sont think i can swing compounds though. what i was originally thinking was prepping for a compound setup with a procharger later. like run on a turbo now and add the procharger later. im open to any oppinions. just trying to make the right decision the first time and not buy things 2-3 time figuring out what i want.

·
Registered
670 Posts
You need to talk to Adrian at mad turbo Werks he has a turbo that will fit you perfectly and you'll only need to buy one turbo no procharger and make in real power. Look him up

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive been looking at them. and ive seen the results of the stage 3. i was kind of wondering what injectors would be ideal for the stage 4? ive been thinking hard about non-vgt though. like a 66mm, being as i may be looking at some form of compound and/or nitrous in the future.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm no professional but I'm thinking a s366 feeding a s475? I'm getting a 6.0 tomorrow and wanna do the same thing.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
An MTW stage 3 with 190/100's is capable of 650 rwhp. Add a meth injection system and you should see 700 or more. All for a whole lot less than a S366 and S475 compound setup will cost you.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
An MTW stage 3 with 190/100's is capable of 650 rwhp. Add a meth injection system and you should see 700 or more. All for a whole lot less than a S366 and S475 compound setup will cost you.
But he said he might want nitrous in the future. I don't think anyone has sprayed a MTW turbo. Would be inturesting tho!

And more like 66- s480+. S475 is small lol

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
The nitrous would be a big concern, but the stage 3 would be a hell of alot cheaper and underhood would not look like a rats nest of piping. Assuming you get the turbos new, the piping is what it is. I had an s364/s475 with 205/100's when my 6.0 was alive. Spooled between stock and a pmax/stock stick combo. Ran great and didn't need any special instructions to drive either.

But, that was an expensive setup even with me doing most of the work myself. Don't forget, an intake manifold and set of steeds or headers will help out too.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm running 205s with a 366. Great drive ability. Even with my 37in tires and stock gears its great on the low end

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Turbos = Witchcraft
2,740 Posts
Greg (pizza pig) has 205/150s and a 66/73/.91 with divided up-pipes which make a huge difference in spool up. He seems to really like that setup and makes some serious power.

The MTW Stage 3 is another good option if you want a VGT. There has been a truck that put down track times with 190/100s and the stage 3 that say it is 650hp, but that truck made 623 on the dyno, and has put down track times that suggest 190s and a pmax is capable of over 600 hp. I would say that is a pretty special truck.

·
Registered
244 Posts
that's happened on 1 truck. and that truck is also claiming over 600 hp with 190's and a pmax so like adam said, i'd say it's special. I'm not trying to discredit the MTW turbo....it'll make a lot of power for sure but I don't want the OP to slap one on and just expect 650 at the wheels until there are multiple trucks out there with that same set up putting out similar numbers. then again OP...it's your money so do what you want :thumb:

and a 66/475 wouldn't match up very well. you'd be so far out of the efficiency range for those things that you wouldn't be happy. a 62 over 475 is a proven setup that makes power and spools like crazy.

just my .02

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Greg (pizza pig) has 205/150s and a 66/73/.91 with divided up-pipes which make a huge difference in spool up. He seems to really like that setup and makes some serious power.
I do love this setup, but I need to do some more logging to fine tune it. Right now Im dropping ICP, it hauls *** even at only 3200 psi of high pressure oil at the max

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
It sure would be nice if Bob would get that HPOP of his for the 05-07 trucks released. Perhaps his HPODS would get you back up closer to 4k psi Greg.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I wonder why you are dropping icp. Mine held 3900 all the way. I only had 100% nozzles so that may be the difference. I also had his hpods kit, held 4000 all the way with it. That was a pita pile of parts to put on as well.

the compounds are the proven way, but you better have deep pockets or know how to do fab work. The piping is what'll kill you, plus having to drill the oil pan for the primary's oil drain. And a little relocation of a few things plus tuning a wastegate. Don't fool with a diverter valve, I bought 2 and turned out I didn't need either one. The turbos alone will run around 1500-3500 depending on whether you buy used or new.

The stage 3 or 4 will get you there, but they are pretty new items and longevity would be my concern more than performance. Too many smiling faces with his chargers not to be something. The price per pony will come out cheaper, either turbo is up there in price, but you make up for it in fabwork and tuning.

Personally, I'd like to see more on the stage 4 myself. A few 3's running around is fine and dandy, need some frame twisters to come out of the woodwork.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
It sure would be nice if Bob would get that HPOP of his for the 05-07 trucks released. Perhaps his HPODS would get you back up closer to 4k psi Greg.

Either my pump is getting weak (185k miles) or its just plain old too much pw. These huge nozzles dont need nearly as much pw to achieve the same results as a 100% nozzle. Im going to data log tomorrow and send the info off to the the texan dream makers and see where it gets me. I want to get it running up to par first and get the tuning dialed in. Im going to wait to dig into again, I need to focus most of my time getting other stuff done first. Hopefully bobs pump will be out by then and I can really go to town. I want to keep it this way for a while though, see what it can really do, it is what it is, still puts a smile on my face every day, thats what its all about.

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
That is what it is all about Greg. Sounds good man. I know I want to get Bob's pump once it becomes available and I think I am going to look into his HPODS in the future as well.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Well surely you wouldn't be pegged on pw. On the other hand, I know how some of us are about things.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts