Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy got me in contact with MTW about fixing my pmax, I had a pipe plug come out of the ccv hole and chew up the compressor. I shipped it to him on thursday and the post office has either trashed it or the sticker has come off(hopefully) and will be re-shipped.

My question is that in the event of the worst, should I just get a stage 1 or the hybrid? I have head bolts still and wish not to install studs unless the need arises. Not looking for anything rediculous in power, but want what I can use safely. I don't drive like an idiot except once a week to keep the soot blown out.

I would really like the hybrid but if it will be hampered because I don't have studs then that would be a waste of money. Thanks for any tips.

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Honestly, I can fix the powermax, it doesn't matter how bad it is.

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
Honestly, I don't think you will risk your stock bolts on the MTW Hybrid. Here's why I say this: 1) under Ford programming the computer won't allow the turbo to push additional boost. 2) Your SCT files can be written specificaly for the stock TTY bolts, and keep that boost level from Ford's strat.

You can have the airflow gains of the Hybrid, without the excessive boost levels, and when you do stud the truck its already in there ready to go.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with either turbo.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Adrian, I was meaning if it was tee totally destroyed as in the turbine housing split open or something along those lines. The compressor side I'm sure something could be accomidated. And I would love to go with what you and I spoke about over the phone, I'm just asking in fear of the worst.

Colo, unless I pop the gaskets, the truck will never be studded, I am hoping the egr being gone and running the tty tunes help out. I don't have the monster power ambitions some folks do. The 400ish area is more than plenty for me as the truck is a daily driver that pulls a bass boat at the worst.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the worst I think has happened. I filed a claim on monday and as of today, my charger is still nowhere to be found. The postmaster has bent over backwards for me and I am very grateful but other folks down the line have pretty much said"be glad you have insurance on it."

Looks like on tuesday, I will have to make a call and have a stage one on its way to me. Worst part is having to pay core and all, tried the junkyards around here to find something to get by with and they want nearly what one costs new.

Oh well, lesson learned.

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
I was going to get a hold of you to find out what happen to turbo, I should have gotten it. Call me when you get a chance, you have the number. Thanks, sorry to hear about the mishap.

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Crap like this is why the USPS is bankrupt. They lost a turbo from me too so you're not alone. Welcome to the "screwed by the USPS club". Sorry your turbo was lost, but I'm sure you'll be happy with your new turbo.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Dave don't worry man, you'll be back on the road before you know it. I always need someone to pull mine around when i change something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts