Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok soo i went and bought a edge evolution programmer and never put the egt in soo I blew my heads. I figured since my truck has 267,500 miles I would just rebuild the engine top to bottom. I want to put in a new turbo. What turbo do you guys think would be the best? I hear banks turbos are good but is there anything better? Also do you guys think I need anything else besides an egt for my programmer? Please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
398 Posts
Not sure about the OBS, heard goot things about the D66, not sure if it would work. I would also say get rid of the Edge and get a custom chip. If you're going with all kinds of mods I don't think the Edge will give you the most of those. Whereas a custom chip will be specific to how you build your motor.

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
What model truck do you have, and do you have any other mods?

Banks only offers a turbine housing for the OBS. They work great for towing and give a little quicker boost. Beans Diesel Preformance has the d66 that is a tweaked stock turbo, and Hypermax has the H2 that is a totally different animal. You really don't need a different turbo, unless you plan on adding stage 2 or 3 injectors. For those, you will need a lot of other mods. If you plan on mods like this, you need to toss the Evo in favor of a custom chip.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I would go with a T. Wildman chip and get a D66 from Beans Diesel Performance. The D66 will work great with a stock setup and will allow you to up your injectors in the future if you elect to....Plus it won't completely wipe out your wallet!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts