Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting some new exhaust for quite a while now just waiting for some xtra $$$$. Today I heard a 05+ truck that sounded like a freaking jet at idle and had an ear piercing whistle with a slight growl when they took off from the stop sign. I couldnt ask him what kind it was but is this how they sound with exhaust on them? I really want some now.:hyper::hyper:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its possible but it had the 05+ grill in it but that could have converted. It sounded evil.

·
Super Moderator
13,238 Posts
i have an 04, it has a late 03 build engine and has a sweet sound to it. love the turbo whine. i have a vid if you want to see it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
i have an 04, it has a late 03 build engine and has a sweet sound to it. love the turbo whine. i have a vid if you want to see it.

I have an 04 and it must be a late 03 also cause my turbo is screamin loud. Straight pipe also. I havn't heard one louder. Took some gettin use to.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RWalker lets hear it. I have heard some on the internet but it is hard to get a good idea sometimes what they really sound like.

·
Super Moderator
13,238 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'll make a video tomorrow of mine. You won't believe the turbo whistle. It's even loud at idle. Great looking truck BTW. What tunes you using? I run the extreme street on my 6.0 and it barely smokes, which is nice for the neighbors

·
Super Moderator
13,238 Posts
I run DJ's tunes. that is actually my economy tune too. thanks for the compliments!

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ex sounds like a jet

Hello,

Haven't been on here for a while, but had a few questions. Have an 03 Ex with the 6.0. Have a true 4inch tb magnaflow exhaust system with the cat delete. I love the sound when I get on it, but the turbo whine at idle is a bit much. My question is if I put the stock cat back on will the turbo whine decrease? I'm also curious if it is common for the 03 6.0 to cycle every 5-10 seconds. I have this great deap throaty tone at idle then the turbo spools and its like i'm sitting on the wing of a boeing 777 at take off. Any advice/info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Aaron

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
If your that tired of the whistle I will trade you turbos :hehe:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the offer, but I just want to calm the whistle down a bit. My turbo is strong, and I love the throttle response on my ex, but its difficult to take clients to lunch and carry on a conversation when all we hear is my truck. Will the cat calm the whistle down? Oh, please don't get it confused, I love the sound, but my Ex is my office most days and it is really loud. I can only imagine what this summer with the windows down will bring.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,249 Posts
Joe, how did you rig up that camera?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts