Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im stuck between Gearhead and no limit tuning tuning for my 7.3, i need to get my TS 6 position reburned. I have stage 2 injectors, a fuel system, ect. Gearheads offers lifetime re-burns and a 30 day money back guarantee, and the initial cost for just the tunes is cheaper than no limit. No limits reburn charge is $75 after the initial $275 if i send it back for changes(i will be doing this) no limit just has cooler options for tunes and seem like they may have a better name.So no limit is by far more expensive and doesnt have free reburns, but they seem like they may offer better tuning. Gearhead is much cheaper and offers lifetime reburns and a guarantee! Im stuck on who to go with.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would recommend No Limits tuning...ive been running Jonathons tunes now for almost a year and got to compare them to gearheads tunes previous to my purchase, as i was in the same boat. Jonathons tunes had more power and better shifting in MY truck than gearheads did, egts were about the same with both tuners. NLTD tunes get my vote

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok i have a manual so shifting isn't a concern haha, but id like as much power as i can get.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Whoops didnt see the zf6 in your sig. I think no limit would be your best bet!

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
ive heard good things about both, so its really matter of opinion.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input!

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
Do you know who's tunes you have right now? I'm asking this to make sure you aren't paying for reburns of the same tunes you already have...

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Or get a Hydra chip and have both, not have to deal with reburns and continue moving foward.

Now I know No Limit has said there not going to issue Hydra tunes, I truely believe this is a short term deal.

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
Or get a Hydra chip and have both, not have to deal with reburns and continue moving foward.

Now I know No Limit has said there not going to issue Hydra tunes, I truely believe this is a short term deal.
I always thought the tunes were where the money is. Stock "not-canned" tunes are roughly the same for every truck, per tuner. TW, PHP, Beans, No Limit, et al, might have different stock tunes, but they're all basically the same for all the stock tunes they program. Slight changes here and there for this that and the other, but same-same. Writing tunes for modified trucks is the one that actually takes a little effort and a lot of knowledge/experience.

So yeah, I agree, it will be a temporary thing. Saying "if you want our tunes, you need to buy our chip" was only a viable strategy pre-Hydra. They'll lose money to the many people that buy the Hydra for the tuning options.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, i have tuning from php and I absolutely hate it, I had a reburn done through ktperformance and it ended up being a 9 week process and my tuning is messed up bigtime, they expect me to pay to get it redone too. I think I may go with gearhead only because i'm doing a much bigger build soon so I will be needing re burns, and they tuned my friends 6.4 and they did a very good job(its not just a stock 6.4). Also there prices cant be beat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts