Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I still purchase delete tunes, I ready to purchase some gh tunes but it's stated that they cannot sell delete tunes and something about disabling my current delete options on my tuner
Is this correct?

·
Registered
84 Posts
That's correct

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
So, if you have that capability on your tuner now, DO NOT update it. Updating it will erase, or stop the ability to turn off the light

·
Registered
4 Posts
Will a sct gtx tuner #40460B NOT the S model work on a welded up delete ,if so what is the B or S model difference ? I bought one recently and all the retailer will say is it will work but wont talk anymore ..I dont want to get stuck with a desk ornament if it doesnt work since I plugged it in .. they wont refund ?
I also wanted tunes ...if you can program it hit me up ,thanks for looking and reading !

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a SCT Livewire ts that has the option to turn off the egr. Has anyone recently bought Gearhead tunes and loaded them without issue? The egr on my 06 is deleted and I dont want a CEL.

Gearhead gave their standard answer of no delete tunes. Another company who sells GH tunes as a 3rd party said it will be fine. I'm not sure which to believe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
531 Posts
Tuners can't legally program the egr off or cancel the check engine light, so they won't talk to you about it. The only way you can get that option is to get an old stock tuner and not update it. This still only cancels the cel and doesn't disable the egr program.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts